BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Portable

#1 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -
#2 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

Despite taking some notable damage in the graphics department (images below), Arc say the PSP game is "greatly over powered" over it's 360  & PS3 counterparts.  

The story mode and other features from the 360 & PS3 remain intact, they will be joined by a new Legion Mode and powerful "Unlimited" forms for 12 characters. Legion Mode has players face off against an enemy "army" in one-on-one fights. Wipe out an entire army, and you can add one of the opponent characters to your own army, which can grow to up to 20 members. Your goal is to scout enemies and build up a powerful army, eventually facing off against Unlimited characters who appear as bosses.

First Screens via Famitsu.com:  

#3 Posted by WitchHunter_Z (882 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
"    

Despite taking some notable damage in the graphics department (images below), Arc say the PSP game is "greatly over powered" over it's 360  & PS3 counterparts.  

The story mode and other features from the 360 & PS3 remain intact, they will be joined by a new Legion Mode and powerful "Unlimited" forms for 12 characters. Legion Mode has players face off against an enemy "army" in one-on-one fights. Wipe out an entire army, and you can add one of the opponent characters to your own army, which can grow to up to 20 members.

Fffuuuccc.... Unlimited forms of all characters? Score Attack mode is bad enough as it is with only 4 Unlimited forms.

Looks like a decent port though, despite the lower resolution and lack of anti-aliasing on the models it still looks pretty damn good too.
#4 Posted by Inuzagi (170 posts) -

This is like a dream come true for me. I can't wait to get this. Just wish it came out sooner instead of Feb. Although it doesn't look like it's PS3 and 360 counterpart, it's still looking damn good.

#5 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

I think it looks awesome considering, and I think it's feature set sounds great.  I actually really like playing fighters on my PSP, I have all the best that are available so far. 

I use a thumb-pad so control is no issue for me. They can be bought online for cheap. 

#6 Posted by Hailinel (23891 posts) -

Portable BlazBlue is something I would totally go for.  I love the game on the PS3 and I'd like to take it on the go with me.

#7 Posted by Tradog (50 posts) -

Looks awesome can't wait I love the xbox 360 version and this one looks just as good well besides the graphics.

#8 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3173 posts) -

I think these new features are what is going to be in the European release as well.

#9 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -
@Dan_CiTi said:
" I think these new features are what is going to be in the European release as well. "

If you mean for the 360 game, yeah, it's quite possible.
#10 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.