Beginner

#1 Posted by androdro (75 posts) -

What's the best character to play as for beginners? 
I'm probably getting the game later today and I'm not familiar with the guilty gear series. 
#2 Posted by TriangleHard (87 posts) -
Jin
#3 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

Noel.

#4 Posted by hamlaser (230 posts) -

Hey me too except I played a buttload of Guilty gear. I'm hoping to find it used. As long as it works I could care less if it came in a bunch of taped together candy wrappers. 

#5 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

I stick to Arakune because the only Guilty Gear I ever actually played was the GBA one. He controls the most like the characters in the GBA one.

#6 Posted by N3onThr33 (380 posts) -

I like how everyone gave a different answer. :P

I wouldn't know though, because I haven't played BlazBlue.

#7 Posted by DragoonKain1687 (702 posts) -

Well, you can start with either Jin Kisaragi or Noel Vermillion. Both are easy to use, and can spam attacks fast enough. Noel in my opinion is a little bit easier to use, but Jin has a lot of potential to, to be the easiest to play with. But since Jin consumes Heat with some attacks, that you may spam involuntarily, I recommend Noel, so you can get out of troubles by using the Distortion.

#8 Posted by androdro (75 posts) -

Thanks for the tips, I think I will start as jin, she looks interesting.  Is Ragna not a good beginners character?  

#9 Posted by Serker (520 posts) -
@androdro said:
" Thanks for the tips, I think I will start as jin, she looks interesting.  Is Ragna not a good beginners character?     "
haha... jins a man
#10 Posted by androdro (75 posts) -

haha, girly name, girly guy. 
great game, i'm having more fun with this than I had with sf 4
#11 Posted by WitchHunter_Z (882 posts) -

Honestly, all the characters play very differently so everyone's going to say something different here.
Jin is the most shoto like of all the characters, and even he doesn't stick to the typical SRK, fireball, hurricane kick, but he does play similarly, though he is the only character with a traditonal fireball [well, ice block].
Ragna is also a more basic character, with good range on normal attacks and a life stealing drive, he also plays similarly to a shoto, though he lacks any type of projectile.
You can win alot of low level fights by just spamming Noels drive; but please don't, shes got a bad enough reputation as it is. She becomes alot harder to use when you get to higher levels of play however.

#12 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

Tao is very fast and easy to use

#13 Posted by androdro (75 posts) -

How hard is it to pull of astral heart with Jin? 
I'm at 75% with her story mode, isn't it unlocked at 100%?
#14 Posted by Serker (520 posts) -

androgynous anti-heroes ftw.

i started as Tao because i wasn't good at dashing and air dashing, and tao had a dash that was also an attack, and you just had to click the drive button! hah!

#15 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

You can just spam Noel's drive and win.

#16 Posted by androdro (75 posts) -

It's isn't fun to spam

#17 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

Bang Shishigami is the ONLY character to play with.  THE ONLY character!!!

#18 Posted by androdro (75 posts) -
@jakob187: 
i'll have to check her out,
#19 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -
@androdro said:
" @jakob187:  i'll have to check her out, "
Bang is a man.
#20 Posted by androdro (75 posts) -
@PureRok:
haha, second time i make that mistake. 
i have to start playing this game more, have been distracted by Batman resently
#21 Posted by androdro (75 posts) -

I have been playing as noel alot, I think she's my favorite (for now).  I still havn't played as all the characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.