Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 19, 2008

Widely considered a spiritual successor to the studio's Guilty Gear series, BlazBlue is a fighting game with highly-detailed hand-drawn character graphics and a story involving sorcery and science.

BlazBlue: Strategy

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

Edited By lordofultima

I decided to rip videos straight off the BlazBlue limited edition Strategy DVD, and just throw them up on youtube. Within the playlist itself, are basic and advanced strategies for all 12 characters, all normal/special attacks, drives, and combos. There's also a section on all of the gameplay mechanics, so if you're new to BlazBlue and you didn't get this DVD with the game, this is a good watch for you to familiarize yourself with it. Enjoy!

To further the craziness that BlazBlue is, THIS was found hidden on the bonus DVD. Dude, what?
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lordofultima

I decided to rip videos straight off the BlazBlue limited edition Strategy DVD, and just throw them up on youtube. Within the playlist itself, are basic and advanced strategies for all 12 characters, all normal/special attacks, drives, and combos. There's also a section on all of the gameplay mechanics, so if you're new to BlazBlue and you didn't get this DVD with the game, this is a good watch for you to familiarize yourself with it. Enjoy!

To further the craziness that BlazBlue is, THIS was found hidden on the bonus DVD. Dude, what?
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

Nice dude...do you have any suggestions on a character that I should start with since you know my style from SFIV so well? I'm picking up my copy of BlazBlue in a couple of hours.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lordofultima
    @MB: The game is honestly so different that it's hard to give a recommendation at all! Take that as a good thing though. Obviously Hakumen here (the dude I've gravitated towards) has simple attacks, great normals, and even an all purpose counterattack! I'd say Jin plays roughly like a typical shoto (has tons of range on pokes and of course projectiles up the ass), Tager like a big grappler, 13 is all offense. I have no other hard opinions at the moment since I'm so new to the game.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

"Damn it!"

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

Looks very interesting. I like the different art style.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lordofultima
    @Agnogenic: It's definitely a crazy game. I love it.
    Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#7  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Hate to ask, but could you put up Noel's video? People are catching onto the combos I've cooked up so far; and no, none of them involve spamming the D button. :)

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By jakob187

Well, it was nice knowing you, Street Fighter IV.

Personally, I'm going to KoFXII.  So...it was nice knowing you too, loltima.  lol
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Luke
    @jakob187:  Awesome!  BlazBlue Super Look!  Just wished it was the Story Mode Look :p ... but I guess this is kewl fer people who haven't played it yet. 

I'm Level 14 in Online Ranked Matches right now, with a 50 something % Win ratio.  Lurv this game!  The online is just amazing!!!  Soooo much better than Street Fighter IV, unfortunately :'( 

I'm almost tempted to buy the 360 version of BlazBlue, so I can play all my 360 friends as well... but I need to get a 360 stick first. 
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lordofultima
    @jakob187: Well nothing is going to replace Street Fighter IV. I feel amazingly skilled when I jump back to SF4, in comparison to my BlazBlue skills. I'm personally not a huge fan of KOF, but I'll end up getting that too since I'm on a fighting game kick.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lordofultima
    @Sleepy_Insomniac: Uploading in a moment, should be up within the hour, the remaining characters will follow suit tonight.
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#12  Edited By sjschmidt93

I want this game really badly.. but I just bought a brand new electric guitar. I'm kind of regretting it now. Of course I don't have the guitar yet, so when I get it maybe I'll think it was a better buy than BlazBlue.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lordofultima

I just noticed the guys hilarious stab at Zangeif w/ his fake Russian accent during the Iron Tager advanced strategies. You definitely need to check it out if you haven't, now in the playlist above.

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14  Edited By MrGetBonus

I actually just watched that Tager part earlier today. Pretty funny. On a side note I'm not sure if they did this with all the character vids but at the end of Hakumen's combo vid, there's a somewhat long one where they don't show you the inputs like the other combos  and just put a big question mark. It's not really a big deal but I just thought that kinda defeated the purpose of a tutorial if you don't really say how to do it. It's not really hard to figure out but if I really didn't know I'd just hop over to srk. And that mana potion thing is the shit.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lordofultima
    @MrGetBonus: A couple characters have a "?" combo in this video. It's a bit strange, but oh well.
    c0ncubine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By c0ncubine

Ultima I'm loving these videos man, too bad there isn't more.  I also love the Tager reference to Zangief

rerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rerty

does anyone else find it a bit strange that the ign lady is doing the voice over for the limited edition game strategy dvd? Also could we have someone who actually plays video games dub it, i cant help but feel like im listening to some dumb bimbo read off cue cards.

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

#18  Edited By Captainlunchbox

Awesomeness. I'm trying to get my pals to buy this game. It's the best fighter I've played in a looong time.

satseb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By satseb
    @rerty: At least the strategy and combo sections are done by real players.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.