Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 19, 2008

Widely considered a spiritual successor to the studio's Guilty Gear series, BlazBlue is a fighting game with highly-detailed hand-drawn character graphics and a story involving sorcery and science.

First Game to Feature a Hidden Platinum Trophy?

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Luke

Hey guys, I was just going through the BlazBlue Trophy List on my PS3 and noticed that there's no Platinum Trophy. 

I then googled it and some people say that they think it's a Hidden Trophy. 

Is this the first time any game has ever done this or is this the first Retail Game to not include a Platinum? 

Anyone know the details?  If so, we should document it in the BlazBlue Wiki, which needs a massive overhaul by the way :p 

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

I can't think of any game specifically, but I'm quite sure I have a game in my collection that had hidden platinum's.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By shadows_kill

i bet it does have a plat trophy just that they had it hidden.. i bet there where other plat trophies that where hidden.... also ps3trophies.org also shows that its hidden

oathblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By oathblivion

Resistance 2 had a "secret" Platinum trophy which was obtainable after earning all other trophies. This is probably the same thing. I would find it hard to believe that Sony would allow any other requirement to qualify a player for a Platinum trophy. They had also stated near the beginning of the trophy era that all games would have a Platinum trophy to unlock.

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By C2C

Rock Band 2 also has a "hidden" plat trophy.  

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ververdan0226

Aren't all trophies on BlazBlue hidden?

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By C2C
    @ververdan0226:

most of them are, not all though.
    ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By ververdan0226
    @C2C said:
    " @ververdan0226:

most of them are, not all though.
    That's bullshit. Its okay to hide a few of the trophies, but hiding most to all of them is just insane.
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Luke

Owww, thanks for the info guys... gewd to know. 

So, as far as we know Rock Band 2 may have been the first game ever to house a Hidden Platinum Trophy.  These are the kinda bits of info that should be on it's Wiki. 

On a side note, why isn't BlazBlue not constantly representing the Front Forum Page on Giant Bomb?  I remember when Street Fighter IV came-out, on some days I could count like 10+ topics made, within that same day.  So sad... 

Maybe GB needs to Video Review it already and give it the 6 out of 5 Stars that it deserves? :p 

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By zitosilva

Huh, a hidden Platinum trophy? That doesn't make a lot of sense, since we all know you have to get all the others to get it...

Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ouroboros

I'm pretty sure the game has the exact same amount of Trophies that it does achievements - and the exact same ones too, 50 to be exact.  Assuming this one can then compare the Achievement list to the Trophy list and assume the one that isnt listed, this thing you call Platnium, that appears on the Xbox 360 side for achievement is the hidden trophy you are searching for.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By FCKSNAP

I think Eye of Judgement was actually the first one, since every single trophy was hidden

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.