First-Run Copies of BlazBlue Get A Bonus

Posted by Jeff (3336 posts) -
Aksys Games laid out a pretty attractive package today for a limited edition version of the upcoming fighting game, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. The late-June release will come in larger packaging to make room for a two-disc soundtrack and a tutorial disc that features top BlazBlue players going over each character and explaining what you'll need to do to succeed with each one, as well as combos and some match videos.

That's a pretty cool-sounding package, but it's one of those "act fast" sort of deals, as this stuff will only come with the first-run copies of the game. The upside to that is that this isn't a typical split between a standard edition and a limited edition. Instead, all the first-run copies will get this bonus stuff, and the price of the game remains the standard $59.99. That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Here's a look at the PS3 version:

Staff
#1 Posted by Jeff (3336 posts) -
Aksys Games laid out a pretty attractive package today for a limited edition version of the upcoming fighting game, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. The late-June release will come in larger packaging to make room for a two-disc soundtrack and a tutorial disc that features top BlazBlue players going over each character and explaining what you'll need to do to succeed with each one, as well as combos and some match videos.

That's a pretty cool-sounding package, but it's one of those "act fast" sort of deals, as this stuff will only come with the first-run copies of the game. The upside to that is that this isn't a typical split between a standard edition and a limited edition. Instead, all the first-run copies will get this bonus stuff, and the price of the game remains the standard $59.99. That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Here's a look at the PS3 version:

Staff
#2 Posted by REDRUN (1410 posts) -

fap fap fap.... pre-order confirmed

#3 Posted by The_Soviet (32 posts) -

This is the first time I have heard of this odd looking game. Looks like a pretty good package though.

#4 Posted by Manachild (470 posts) -

nice, since this is a smaller title though i bet it will take months to come out in australia after it comes out in the US/Japan so i might import via play-asia

Very much looking forward to this game.
#5 Posted by McBonJon (159 posts) -

This is awesome. I can't wait to play this. 

#6 Posted by MrMiyagi (929 posts) -

$59.99 is pretty reasonable... and I do love my 2D fighters...

#7 Posted by ThePhenomenal1 (468 posts) -

i just pre-ordered as well

#8 Posted by sneakysnake128 (186 posts) -

I bet Marvel vs. Capcom 2 release wasn't done coincidentally.

#9 Posted by Farmer (325 posts) -

This will definitely be a first-day purchase. Played it for a few hours in London - what fun!

#10 Posted by JJOR64 (18783 posts) -

That is pretty sweet but, I probably wont get this game right away.

#11 Posted by Agent_Lost (899 posts) -

oh yea, 2009 the years of the fighting game

#12 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

if i was into fighting games i would SO get this.

#13 Edited by Luke (1609 posts) -
#14 Posted by needforswede (492 posts) -

MORE FIGHTING GAMES, YES

#15 Posted by manathirst (167 posts) -

I was waiting going to wait for a special sale for this game, it now looks I will have to get it on day one, with those first runs editions in mind.

#16 Posted by BagManForHire (382 posts) -

awesome getting this day 1 

#17 Posted by Nets (318 posts) -

Wow... Day 1 purchase and pre order for me. This game looked awesome to me but I wasn't sure if I was goign to get it or not. But how could I turn it down with an offer like this?

#18 Posted by RipTheVeins (1540 posts) -

that commentary thing actually sounds more useful than the challenge mode stuff from Street Fighter IV, the only downside is that from the sounds of it only being one person per character, then everyone who learns how to play from that video will play exactly the same, or at least identically.

#19 Posted by Double0hFor (410 posts) -

too bad ive never heard of this game in life

#20 Posted by akumous (89 posts) -

If those who don't know what this is, this is a spiritual successor to Guilty Gear. Although I am not much in that series I am going to pick it up because I am a huge supporter of fighting 2d sprite games...It is a great deal...

#21 Posted by GozerTC (452 posts) -

Now that's a sweet reason to buy a launch copy.  If only more companies would do little things like this! :) 

#22 Posted by snake911 (164 posts) -

I've been waiting for this game to come out for a while now.  I'm definitely picking up a first run copy!  I also liked how the first run copies for KOF '98 Ultimate Match for the PS2 had a 2nd disk that had some stuff for KOF XII.

#23 Posted by theMcNasty (741 posts) -

HOLY SHIT!!! Sorry to overreact here, but I've had a few beers.

I can't wait to buy this game now.  :D

#24 Posted by MB (11297 posts) -

I pretty much have to buy this now. Well played, Aksys.

#25 Posted by JordanNE (31 posts) -

And us here in Europe get screwed over again. The game hasn't even got a release date here yet, never mind this cool assed limited edition copy.

I've been playing the hell out of GGXX Accent Core Plus on PSP recently, so I really want this game.

#26 Posted by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

good deal

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.