How Much Will it Cost to Import a NA Game to the UK??

Posted by mattysen (822 posts) -

I am really pissed off, recently finding out that BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Isnt coming to England. I mean I was probley looking forward to this more than King of Fighters XII. Everything from the anime style to the old school 2-D fighting sprites looked awesome. So I was wondering about importing it to my 360 from the USA. But how much will it cost. I am not even sure that It is import friendly on the Xbox 360 but I need to know the price first. Cheers

Update!!: It is coming out on oct 30 in the UK!

Soon...You will be mine!! (hopefully)

#1 Posted by mattysen (822 posts) -

I am really pissed off, recently finding out that BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Isnt coming to England. I mean I was probley looking forward to this more than King of Fighters XII. Everything from the anime style to the old school 2-D fighting sprites looked awesome. So I was wondering about importing it to my 360 from the USA. But how much will it cost. I am not even sure that It is import friendly on the Xbox 360 but I need to know the price first. Cheers

Update!!: It is coming out on oct 30 in the UK!

Soon...You will be mine!! (hopefully)

#2 Edited by PureRok (4235 posts) -

It's region locked, so unless you have a NA 360 you won't be able to play it.

#3 Posted by CowMuffins (1760 posts) -

I don't think you can play this on your 360 due to region locks. PS3 on the other hand...

#4 Posted by MattyFTM (14340 posts) -

I think it's really stupid that they region coded. They could have made money from people importing it.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by FlipperDesert (2081 posts) -

That's a shame, I wanted this as well.

#6 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -

Guys just import the North American PS3 version, as it's not Region Locked. 

If you use the excuse, "but I don't have a PS3" then you can easily solve that by buying one.  Real gamers don't limit themselves anyway and will stop at nothing to play all games that interest them, right? :p 

This game is worth the €460+ :) 

#7 Posted by eclipsesis (1242 posts) -
@Luke said:
"Guys just import the North American PS3 version, as it's not Region Locked.  If you use the excuse, "but I don't have a PS3" then you can easily solve that by buying one.  Real gamers don't limit themselves anyway and will stop at nothing to play all games that interest them, right? :p  This game is worth the €460+ :)  "

you speaks the truth
#8 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -
@Luke said:
" Guys just import the North American PS3 version, as it's not Region Locked.  If you use the excuse, "but I don't have a PS3" then you can easily solve that by buying one.  Real gamers don't limit themselves anyway and will stop at nothing to play all games that interest them, right? :p  This game is worth the €460+ :)  "

Nice pitch, maybe you can be the new Billy Mays.

However, i don't think any game is worth that much money. Tough luck on Blazblue guess you'll be buy KOF.
#9 Posted by Lord_Fortengard (7 posts) -

The Xbox version is region locked, PS3 version is not. The game would cost 60 dollars for the game and then some for shipping.

#10 Posted by StarFoxA (5138 posts) -
@Luke: For that much, you could always just get a copy of EarthBound or something.
#11 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -
@StarFoxA: I already own an original SNES Earthbound cart myself :p 
#12 Posted by SolidestChimp (154 posts) -

i bought my ps3 copy on ebay cost me about 50 pound witch is about 81usd but should be worth it

#13 Posted by Webby (720 posts) -
It cost me £54.34 including shipping for the Limited Edition on PS3.
I was thinking about getting a US NTSC Xbox 360 for this and other games that I want to play. Culdcept Saga and maybe Spectral Force 3? there are others too but I just don't know. But hey I could have 3 360's then :P. Still wondering about a Japanese 360 though just for all the crazy shoot em ups.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.