Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 19, 2008

Widely considered a spiritual successor to the studio's Guilty Gear series, BlazBlue is a fighting game with highly-detailed hand-drawn character graphics and a story involving sorcery and science.

The terrible trials of Tao.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By mwng

I recently acquired a capture card thanks to impulse buying and was trying to think of ways to put it to use. So I've come up with the idea of me attempting to learn the fighting genere. My weapon of choice will be Blazblue: Calamity Trigger and I'll be attempting to main everyones favorite cat type thing Taokaka.

It was a toss up between this and Super Street Fighter IV, they're both great games but I prefer the competition on Blazblue, as even if I get it handed to me, chances are I made something flashy happen.

Anyway, on to the video. I'm just recording wins at the moment, as they're few and far between. Logic is it'll be easier to tell if I'm improving as I'll hopefully be getting more of them. My first win is against a Noel player who's clearly at my level as they didn't destroy me. On top of that they seemed to be having their own problems as they tended to burst early and not really punish me for anything I did (even though I did a good job of just throwing myself into their attacks anyway). 

Random 6A: 30
    Failed 214214C: 11
    Divine intervention baseballs: 1 

The next video comes from about a week later, I like to think it looks like I'm getting better, but I'm still throwing out moves randomly and not really checking what my opponent is doing. This one is against a Ragna player, luckily for me the majority of people I come up vs play either Jin, Noel or Ragna so I have a bit of insight into what he can do. I promptly ignore this insight and throw myself onto his sword. However this Ragna doesn't quite seem to have mastered throw teching, so I abuse that a bit which leads to a win in both rounds. Joy.

Un-teched throws: 3
    Don't want(s): 1
    Time stood still like a lemon: 19 seconds 

So, after presenting my absolute scrubbery it's time to go work on some more combos and generally being better. Hopefully it'll be taunt loops before 2011! I'll continue to upload videos to my channel and not spam here so much, so if that interests you for whatever reason feel free to jump on and flame me. I'll be playing on Xbox Live too under the tag of "Mwngy" if anyone equally new wants to get some practice in without getting destroyed. Aaaaaaand I'm still hyped for BlazBlue: Continuum Shift that should be arriving here in October!

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mwng

I recently acquired a capture card thanks to impulse buying and was trying to think of ways to put it to use. So I've come up with the idea of me attempting to learn the fighting genere. My weapon of choice will be Blazblue: Calamity Trigger and I'll be attempting to main everyones favorite cat type thing Taokaka.

It was a toss up between this and Super Street Fighter IV, they're both great games but I prefer the competition on Blazblue, as even if I get it handed to me, chances are I made something flashy happen.

Anyway, on to the video. I'm just recording wins at the moment, as they're few and far between. Logic is it'll be easier to tell if I'm improving as I'll hopefully be getting more of them. My first win is against a Noel player who's clearly at my level as they didn't destroy me. On top of that they seemed to be having their own problems as they tended to burst early and not really punish me for anything I did (even though I did a good job of just throwing myself into their attacks anyway). 

Random 6A: 30
    Failed 214214C: 11
    Divine intervention baseballs: 1 

The next video comes from about a week later, I like to think it looks like I'm getting better, but I'm still throwing out moves randomly and not really checking what my opponent is doing. This one is against a Ragna player, luckily for me the majority of people I come up vs play either Jin, Noel or Ragna so I have a bit of insight into what he can do. I promptly ignore this insight and throw myself onto his sword. However this Ragna doesn't quite seem to have mastered throw teching, so I abuse that a bit which leads to a win in both rounds. Joy.

Un-teched throws: 3
    Don't want(s): 1
    Time stood still like a lemon: 19 seconds 

So, after presenting my absolute scrubbery it's time to go work on some more combos and generally being better. Hopefully it'll be taunt loops before 2011! I'll continue to upload videos to my channel and not spam here so much, so if that interests you for whatever reason feel free to jump on and flame me. I'll be playing on Xbox Live too under the tag of "Mwngy" if anyone equally new wants to get some practice in without getting destroyed. Aaaaaaand I'm still hyped for BlazBlue: Continuum Shift that should be arriving here in October!

Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Vade

Hey, mwng. Where are you from anyway? My GT is NullGent, I'm an European Carl player.

I played a game against you but the game was running so slowly that I couldn't really do anything. Ended up getting my ass whooped by a local Hakumen player for the millionth time instead. Shame, I knew who you were so I wanted some decent games but guess I was out of luck. 

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mwng
    @Vade: I'm from the UK and yeah, net hasn't been great as of late, sorry about that. Laggy games are a nightmare as Tao and as Carl too I imagine. 

Played a few games against Carl players today when the connection was more stable, so you best watch out! I'll add you and we could maybe get some player matches down at some point.
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#4  Edited By Jazz
    @mwng:  
    Thanks for giving me a heads up on Blazblue. 
    From the outside, its totally Guilty Gear..same people as well who made both. Ragna is Sol Badguy in all but name.
    What's your connection speed...I'm up a mountain in Spain with a pretty god awful speed (below 1mbs) so I wondered what the threshold was for no laggy matches (im not much of an online player in anything) 
    Really looking forward to this now
    mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mwng
    @Jazz: I'm in the UK, which is pretty much a Spanish mountain in terms of internet so around 1mbs too. To be fair though I don't get much lag in matches unless they're against people from Japan or the US and even then it's more "argh made me miss my combo" type lag than "it's moving like a slideshow" type lag.
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#6  Edited By Jazz
    @mwng:  
    I used to live in Bournemouth, and we had a good 4mb connection there. 
    Anyway, thanks for the help. Is the matching across platforms, if so I'd happily give you a match sometime when I get my game.
    mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mwng
    @Jazz:  Alas it is not, the PC version comming later this year is rumored to be. But that'll be out after Blazblues SSFIV equivalent: Continuum Shift, meaning most of the console players will have likely moved on by then.

Still, you'll have to tell me how it goes!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.