What's your main?

• 54 results
#1 Posted by Cloneslayer (1788 posts) -

I play Litchi (which I don't see much online). I don't have a sub yet but I'm planing on learning Noel whenever I get bored.

Just want to get a feel of who is playing what. From playing ranked matches a lot of people play Ragna or Jin.

#2 Edited by JJOR64 (19633 posts) -

Ragna is my main.  Love him.

EDIT:  Shouldn't the title be "Who's your main?"  :P

#3 Posted by Qorious (882 posts) -

Noel for me. She's so smooth with her moves. =]

#4 Posted by Cloneslayer (1788 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
EDIT:  Shouldn't the title be "Who's your main?"  :P "
Ya, but you get the point
#5 Posted by metalsnakezero (2701 posts) -

For now
1. Noel
2. Taokaka
3. Jin
4. Ragan

#6 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1181 posts) -

Rachiel Alucard all the way. She really the only person I play with.

#7 Posted by Surllio (31 posts) -

Arakune.  I love his play style.  Its a lot more involved than some people think. 
My sub right now is Nu, though only use her in bad match ups (like Rachel and Nu).

#8 Posted by Captainlunchbox (548 posts) -

Jin.

#9 Posted by McBonJon (204 posts) -

My go to ones are Ragna, Jin, Noel, and v-13

#10 Posted by JokerClown88 (1107 posts) -

I main Tager with V-13, Ragna, and Litchi as my alts.

#11 Posted by hinderk (712 posts) -

I main Taokaka.

#12 Posted by PureRok (4269 posts) -

I haven't played all of the characters yet, and I had planned to main Noel before I got the game, but now that I've played around with a few characters I'm starting to move toward Ragna.

Of the characters I've played so far he fits the way I play the most, with his ability to steal health it really facilitates my fighting style. I may try a few other characters just to see if there isn't someone else who clicks even better. Although, I'll never play as Iron Tager.

#13 Posted by Brunhild (6 posts) -

Mine is Ragna for now because it is the easier character for me.... I'm not good with fighting games.

#14 Posted by iAmJohn (6195 posts) -

Noel.

#15 Posted by DocHaus (2155 posts) -

At the moment...Tager, with some Noel and Jin thrown in for variety. Yeah, Tager is slow as molasses, but just one punch from him does REAL SOVIET DAMAGE! I even somehow managed to beat a v-13 player online with him in a close battle.

#16 Posted by BagManForHire (477 posts) -

jin i love his ice moves 

#17 Posted by Serker (578 posts) -
@hinderk said:
" I main Taokaka. "
word, me too.

can we get a mod to make a poll of who peoples mains are like in the SFIV forums?
#18 Posted by the_stig (237 posts) -

Right now Tao is my main.  I have been experimenting with Rachel a little bit, playing with wind is fun.

#19 Posted by Stang (4755 posts) -

Nobody! I have had the game for a couple weeks and have not even tried it out. One day perhaps.

#20 Posted by GnaTSoL (870 posts) -

I main Taokaka too and plan to sub Tager as my number 2. After seeing Mike_Z rip with Tager, I've been wanting to learn him.

#21 Posted by solidsnake360 (106 posts) -

I play Haku-men quite a bit.

#22 Posted by turbomonkey138 (5280 posts) -

unfortunately its not been released over in the UK so i don't have one 

#23 Posted by McQuinn (658 posts) -

I main Tager since he is the only one i am competent with and it is not only easy, but super satisfying to do a down C to emerald tager buster.  I sub jin in bad match-ups, but I suck with him.  Who i expect to replace him is arakune.

#24 Posted by zitosilva (1887 posts) -

Noel Vermillion. I really like the different moves she can pull off with her Drive.

#25 Posted by Max21 (108 posts) -

Litchi all the way

#26 Posted by McQuinn (658 posts) -
@Max21 said:
"

Litchi all the way

"
thats a first
#27 Posted by Max21 (108 posts) -

I've seen about 15 Litchi's online is she a bottom tier fighter or something.

#28 Posted by McQuinn (658 posts) -

Even though I haven't played too much online.  I have never seen a litchi.

#29 Posted by drac96 (758 posts) -

I use Ragna as my main, and mix it up sometimes with Tager

#30 Posted by The_Desert_Tiger (4 posts) -

Jin is my main, also use Noel, Ragna and Bang.

#31 Posted by Driadon (3150 posts) -

After playing it for a few hours I started to like both Noel and Litchi.

#32 Posted by Cloneslayer (1788 posts) -
@Max21 said:
"

"
I play as her. She is right in the middle of the tier. I guess because she isn't the easiest to learn and people think tiers are end-alls when they really only matter for a handful people in the world, and even then the highest tier isn't the winners.
#33 Posted by Digitalistic (28 posts) -

Litchi represent!

#34 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

Noel is my main.  I haven't settled on an alternate yet.

#35 Posted by Troispoint (291 posts) -

Hakumen is awesome, I also like to play more and more as Rachel.

#36 Posted by ImpendingFoil (586 posts) -

Jin with a splash of Taokaka.

#37 Posted by TriangleHard (93 posts) -

I main Litchi and trying to sub Carl.

#38 Posted by Daryl (1776 posts) -

I'll just skip to dessert.

#39 Posted by McQuinn (658 posts) -
@Cloneslayer said:
" @Max21 said:
"

"
I play as her. She is right in the middle of the tier. I guess because she isn't the easiest to learn and people think tiers are end-alls when they really only matter for a handful people in the world, and even then the highest tier isn't the winners. "
Tell me about it.  Tager is hard to get the timing down and you have to be patient in some cases.
#40 Posted by NateDogg (503 posts) -

Ragna! I'm just learning him / the game but i love his character design even if he may be the generic "cool" looking guy :)

#41 Posted by c1337us (5877 posts) -

I got this game coming so I dont have a main yet. I doubt I'll really get a main though. This kind of game I'll fool around with this game a little and move on. Only to be bought out from time to time.

#42 Edited by BeeLow (19 posts) -
@Cloneslayer: i have never seen anyone play as her online. is she hard to use or something? 

Anyway... i have two mains. I play with both Ragna and Jin about the same amount. I think i'm better with Ragna. I just know how to use his combos and things the best. But i suck with everyone else.
#43 Posted by Cube (4383 posts) -

Although I REALLY like Ragna, I tend to use Jin because he seems faster.  

But man, Ragna. So awesome.

#44 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -
@BeeLow: Litchi's moves are pretty technical in that they revolve around proper use of her staff's properties.  She's not the easiest character to learn.  That being said, I've run into a number of Litchi players online.  I don't have much luck finding many Carl players, though.
#45 Posted by Cloneslayer (1788 posts) -
@BeeLow said:
" @Cloneslayer: i have never seen anyone play as her online. is she hard to use or something? "
Not really. Its basically place staff--> send it to attack --> run in behind it and do a basic combo--> replace staff, knocking them down---> repeat

not hard to do if you learn what the moves are and what they do. If I can tap out the moves (which my controller doesn't usually let me do) I can juggle them pretty good. Its just pushing them into a corner and keeping the staff attacking during your moves recovery times.
#46 Posted by Pappasman (127 posts) -

i just finished story mode so im not the experienced yet, but my favorites are Ragna and Noel.

#47 Posted by Farmer (342 posts) -

Hakumen and Noel.

#48 Posted by m1k3 (1495 posts) -

only person i played as in one sitting was noel... so i guess her.

#49 Posted by Pappasman (127 posts) -

i main noel.

#50 Posted by C2C (899 posts) -

Haku-men with a mediocre Tager as back-up :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.