Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 20, 2009

The second main installment of the BlazBlue series of fighting games, continuing Ragna's tale of manipulated time while revamping some of the original game's gameplay systems.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2 this winter?!

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By animateria
    Via Joystiq

Added their post to avoid confusion... I

Yo dawg, we made a sequel to your sequel so you could sequel while you sequeled -- ahem, sorry, we couldn't help ourselves. Andriasang reports that Aksys Games has announced the next entry in the BlazBlue series for Japanese arcades, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 2. The new arcade game will debut at the Amusement Machine Show on September 9.

The game will launch in Japanese arcades this winter and (so far) adds one new character, Valkenhayn R Hellsing. He was recently announced as the second DLC character for the home console versions of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift and has been priced at ¥800 (560 Microsoft Points) in Japan. We suspect his price tag here will be the same, especially since Makoto, the first announced DLC character for CS, is priced accordingly.

It's actually a Japanese Arcade release with 1 new character Valkenhayn R Hellsing... (So far the only mentioned new character, so Makoto is probably on this list later as well)

Oddly enough, Valkenhayn will be DLC in the console version of BB:CS so I'm not sure if BB:CS2 is the console version update for arcades. 

Then again BB already has NPCs that have potential to be playable characters to begin with so I wouldn't be surprised to see more characters added to the mix.

Either way, count me out of BlazBlue until the final, final... final release of BB ever happens. 

(Already worried about my copy of SSFIV being obsolete with the arcade updates. I swear it's gonna be SSFIV Turbo for consoles!)
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Jeffsekai

So....what are you asking? I'm confused. There is not CS 2 only DLC add-on chars.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Sounds like DLC.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By trophyhunter

yeah that's just DLC and just new for arcades

MMkain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By MMkain

CS2 is only for arcades. Although they might release a new version CS in stores some time after all of the DLC characters have been released. BTW, you probably won't know whether or not this is the final version until they announce BB2. And at that point, playing the last version of BB will be someone pointless.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By animateria
    @Jeffsekai said:

" So....what are you asking? I'm confused. There is not CS 2 only DLC add-on chars. "

Well Joystiq wrote this so it's definitely not just some DLC... Unless it's just the arcade version or something weird like that.

Yo dawg, we made a sequel to your sequel so you could sequel while you sequeled -- ahem, sorry, we couldn't help ourselves. Andriasang reports that Aksys Games has announced the next entry in the BlazBlue series for Japanese arcades, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 2. The new arcade game will debut at the Amusement Machine Show on September 9.

The game will launch in Japanese arcades this winter and (so far) adds one new character, Valkenhayn R Hellsing. He was recently announced as the second DLC character for the home console versions of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift and has been priced at ¥800 (560 Microsoft Points) in Japan. We suspect his price tag here will be the same, especially since Makoto, the first announced DLC character for CS, is priced accordingly.

MMkain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By MMkain

CS2 is only for arcades. Although they might release a new version BBCS in stores some time after all of the DLC characters have been released.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By animateria
    @trophyhunter: Okay that clears things up a bit.  Calling it BlazBlue: CS 2 just seems confusing... They should have called it Version 2 or something to make it sound more updatey.
    ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By ESREVER

Aww you got my hopes up. I was hoping for some more BlazBlue story. 

Also, BlazBlue CT (Calamity Trigger) and BlazBlue CS (Continuum Shift) are different games. I think you used the wrong subtitle a couple of times.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By animateria
    @ESREVER: Sorry bout that. :P

Anyways thanks for telling me about my mistake.

I did that to Street Fighter once too.  Abbreviated to ST instead of SF, which totally means something different.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.