Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 20, 2009

The second main installment of the BlazBlue series of fighting games, continuing Ragna's tale of manipulated time while revamping some of the original game's gameplay systems.

CS2 coming to 3DS?

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By DocHaus

According to some guys on the internet ( like here) it seems that BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2 has been revealed on Nintendo's list of upcoming 2011 titles. They say that not only is there a Sony PSP version planned, but now the Nintendo 3DS is getting one as well. This could be some very welcome news for those who are hoping the franchise spreads among more people (and that they have the patience to play a fighting game on a handheld system).

Thoughts?

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mwng

But how do I pull off a carnage scissors motion with a stylus?

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Sounds crazy.  

Or not.  

Hell, I don't know.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Contro

Famitsu Review

• 3DS: BlazBlue Continuum Shift II: 8, 8, 7, 7

• PSP: BlazBlue Continuum Shift II: 8, 8, 7, 7

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By xyzygy

By the time I'm getting my 3DS, BlazBlue 3 will already be out for the 360 so I won't really need CS2. But it's still awesome that it's gonna be on the platform.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Contro

Yea, still, it would be nice t have a portable version. I think I'll opting for the 3DS version, the ability to play against Japanese players is great.

Courtesy of Andriasang: 

No Caption Provided

3DSv VS PSPv  

Game Content

No difference in terms of content. Both versions have all the modes.

Wireless Play

PSP version uses ad-hoc. 3DS version uses local play. These are just different names for the same thing. Both versions support two to four players, with two players fighting and two watching. The PSP version will work with Ad-Hoc Party on PS3.

Other Wireless Stuff

When playing between PSP-1000, PSP-2000 and PSP-3000, the PSP-1000 may sometimes skip frames. In terms of command timing, there's no difference between the PSP and 3DS versions.

For the PSP version, the Japanese and overseas region versions cannot play wireless against one another.

Save Data

Both versions can have one save data file. 3DS saves to the save space on its cards. PSP saves to Memory Stick, requiring 288 KB.

3DS Special Features

The 3DS version has these special features:

• Outside of movie scenes, the game works with 3D output. You can lower the 3D volume all the way to make the game 2D, of course.
    • The lower screen shows a command list. This isn't for shortcut commands though. You can't tap the bottom screen to perform special moves.

PSP Special Features

The PSP version is compatible with data install. A 600 megabyte install will speed up load times.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By DocHaus

Hey guys, a US release date has been set for BB:CS2! It will be coming May 24... to 3DS. Still no word on a console patch here.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mwng

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.