Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 20, 2009

The second main installment of the BlazBlue series of fighting games, continuing Ragna's tale of manipulated time while revamping some of the original game's gameplay systems.

Japanese Version?

Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Raineko

So CS is not out in Europe yet and I wanted to buy it from the interwebz.  
    I found a pretty cheap offer from some guy but it kinda looked like the japanese version he had. I asked him and he told me that the ingame language it´s japanese and english which is kinda weird because normally games in Japan have only the japanese language.  

So does anyone know something about the japanese version? Can you change it to english and also are you able to play online with anyone or just japanese people?

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

My copy of Calamity Trigger is the Japanese version, and it auto-detected my PS3's language and set itself to English, with the option to change it back to Japanese. I imagine that CS would do the same.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mwng
    @Raineko: Assuming it's for the PS3 you will be able to play it in Europe, however the Xbox 360 version is region locked.

There is no English text or voice in the Japanese version, but there are some guides on youtube to help you fumble about the menus.

You will be able to play any other PS3 user online, though if you wish to buy DLC you will need a Japanese PSN account. I suggest waiting or getting the US version.
    Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Raineko
    @mwng said:
    " @Raineko: Assuming it's for the PS3 you will be able to play it in Europe, however the Xbox 360 version is region locked.  There is no English text or voice in the Japanese version, but there are some guides on youtube to help you fumble about the menus.  You will be able to play any other PS3 user online, though if you wish to buy DLC you will need a Japanese PSN account. I suggest waiting or getting the US version. "
    So this guy is lying? Dammit. I wanted to buy the US version but it´s really expensive. Anyways thx for your help
    wighti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By wighti

It's really not that expensive. There's plenty of  North American sites that ship to Europe with really good prices.  

( Got my copy of Continuum Shift from Canada, and it was cheaper than anything I would have to end up paying buying the PAL release.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.