Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 20, 2009

The second main installment of the BlazBlue series of fighting games, continuing Ragna's tale of manipulated time while revamping some of the original game's gameplay systems.

Wait, what? Fighting games? Hell yes.

zanetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By zanetsu

So, I've recently been watching a lot of high-level tournament SSF4 and BBCS matches, and it really got me back into it again. IPLAYWINNER has really good coverage of 
    tournaments around Cali, and every wednesday they stream from Starbase arcade. If you like to watch some SSF4 with fun commentary, I really recommend checking them out. Or if you just like fighting games in general.

No Caption Provided

So, I decided to finally get a Madcatz TE stick, which arrived today, so I'm really excited to try it out, I've been using the wireless Hori Tekken stick that came with the Tekken 6 bundle until now. Now I just want BBCS to arrive today, and everything will be great. 
    I've really been looking forward to the new characters, they seem like good additions.

Oh, Cataclysm came out today, got to pick that up too, but I don't think I'll have that much time to play it this week, going to help arrange a convention this weekend. I'll be in charge of the video game section. It will be interesting for sure.
    zanetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By zanetsu

So, I've recently been watching a lot of high-level tournament SSF4 and BBCS matches, and it really got me back into it again. IPLAYWINNER has really good coverage of 
    tournaments around Cali, and every wednesday they stream from Starbase arcade. If you like to watch some SSF4 with fun commentary, I really recommend checking them out. Or if you just like fighting games in general.

No Caption Provided

So, I decided to finally get a Madcatz TE stick, which arrived today, so I'm really excited to try it out, I've been using the wireless Hori Tekken stick that came with the Tekken 6 bundle until now. Now I just want BBCS to arrive today, and everything will be great. 
    I've really been looking forward to the new characters, they seem like good additions.

Oh, Cataclysm came out today, got to pick that up too, but I don't think I'll have that much time to play it this week, going to help arrange a convention this weekend. I'll be in charge of the video game section. It will be interesting for sure.
    ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By ESREVER

That's my Fight Stick! 
    BlazBlue is making me angry :( 
    Freaking tutorial mode is infuriating with it's timing. Effin Bang. I just want my trophy T_T The only section I have left is called "About Counters." Ughhh

Also, Tsubaki is probably my favorite new addition to the roster. Although I'm looking forward to the release of Platinum. She looks balls-to-the-wall crazy.

zanetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zanetsu

Awesome. It's sitting on the floor in a package, I can't wait until I can go home and try it out.
    Tutorial mode looks like a really good addition though, even though I know I'll be tearing my hair of in frustration at some point.

And yes, Platinum looks insane. I really want to try out Hazama, his drive has me very interested. Even though they're nerfing it in CS2.

Avatar image for countinhallways
    countinhallways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By countinhallways

Nice. I am in pretty much the same boat as you my friend. 

Since SSF4's release I have been watching and playing a shit ton of fighting games. I used to hate them when I was younger, unless I had friends over at my place then there was only really single player mode. And hot damn, Tekken 2 and 3 were shite if played exclusively against the A.I.. But with the advent of XBL and PSN there is always someone to play against, and I have suddenly come to appreciate just how awesome fighting games can be. This sense of progression and competition within computer games is new to me, and I am enjoying the fuck out of it. 

Similarly to you, I have been playing with that Hori Tekken stick. It is my first arcade stick and so seems perfectly functional and all, but having seen all  the rave reviews fot  the Madcatz TE I have been considering picking one up also. 

I really never thought I could enjoy video games as a sport before. But recently I have been as enthralled by streams from Team Spooky and iplaywinner as I have been by many sporting events over the years. This years EVO was the first one I have watched and it was so good I nearly bust an involuntary nut. Good times.

zanetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zanetsu
    @countinhallways: 

Yeah, PSN has really made things a lot better. I live in a small country, and on top of that, in the least populated part as well, so there's no scene whatsoever here.
    Online play is the only way I can get some good opponents to fight. 

Oh yeah, EVO10 was really good, I can't remember if I got up really early to watch it or if I just stayed up really late, but it was damn well worth it.
    Have you watched anything from SoCal Regionals? Man, Tokido posing was priceless.
    Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Jaktajj

Fighting game love is awesome. Blazblue love is even more awesome! I'm so enthralled with Blazblue: CS right now (live in UK so it just came out) - the new characters are a PERFECT addition to the roster (loving Tsubaki right now) and can't wait til Makoto and Valkenhayn are released tomorrow! Splashed out on a new stick in celebration of the new Blazblue today which I'm awaiting patiently for! Woohoo, good times!

I was wondering, any good youtube channels e.t.c you guys know of (such as iplaywinner) who commentate blazblue games?

Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mechanical_Ape
    zanetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zanetsu
    @el_tajij:  As for youtube channels, I know of two good ones. 
    •  http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBBVlog
    •  http://www.youtube.com/user/jourdal

Also, add me on PSN and we'll play some matches as soon as I get my copy! What stick did you get?
    Avatar image for countinhallways
    countinhallways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By countinhallways
    @Zanetsu:  
    Yeah man I am from Ireland myself, so I know how you feel as regards not being any scene nearby. Although having said that, I just recently found out about what appears to be a fairly decently sized SSF4 scene in Dublin. There would seem to be monthly tournaments with a healthy turnout.  I intend on heading up to one some day, but haven't worked up the balls yet. As I said earlier, I am pretty new to fighting games and so I remain proper shit at them, despite all my enthusiasm. 

And yeah, SoCal regionals was a great watch. Really I have yet to watch any tournament which has failed to have at the very least a handful of great moments.
    zanetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zanetsu
    @countinhallways: 
    That sounds great, I hope you'll enjoy it when you do go. 
    Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Jaktajj

Awesome, I checked out those channels - some sweet matches around! Zanetsu - will definitely add you on PSN but unfortunately in the middle of studying for my final exams in a month, and I've wrapped up my stick and put it aside as a Christmas present to work for (motivation can be a bitch, sometimes!) - I've got a Street Fighter IV Madcatz stick (the one the isn't the tournament edition) - tried my Brother's and it seems really neat for the price so nabbed one for myself! January time though, if ya still playing will definitely be up for matches (though gonna need to practice a bit 'cause it's been a while!)

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By scarace360

Well gratz for getting into fighting games. Haunts for president. And remember when you get good enough to come out to your scene.

zanetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zanetsu
    @scarace360
    Heh, thanks. Sadly, there is no scene here, but I'm actually in the middle of trying to create one. We'll see how that goes.

@el_tajij
    Good luck with finals! I'll still be playing for sure, I just hope my fan edition will arrive at some point. :/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.