Blizzard Talks About "Titan"

#1 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -
Full story.

Destructoid interviewed Frank Pearce, executive producer on World of Warcraft, at the VGAs, and surprisingly Pearce agreed to talk (very briefly) on their project called Titan. He confirmed that it's Blizzard's next-gen MMO in the works, and at the moment they're recruiting to get the best available people in the industry for it.  

"The media is not meant to know anything about [Titan]. It's our next gen MMO and we've only started talking about it in a limited fashion because we want to leverage the fact that we're working on something like that for the purpose of recruiting –— getting some of the best talent in the industry on that."

Blizzard are notorious for not talking about unreleased projects, let alone unannounced stuff. So that they're even willing to mention it is pretty exciting, and maybe we'll see more solid information about Titan soon. Titan is obviously only a codename, and is very likely to not be the actual title. So are we looking at a new IP? World of Starcraft? World of Warcraft 2?

#2 Posted by Tordah (2479 posts) -

Bah, disappointing. I was hoping for a non-MMO game.

#3 Posted by rjayb89 (7721 posts) -

Yes, StarCraft: Ghost MMO.  Yessss.

#4 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

That bastard spoiled the end of SC2 Wings of Liberty for me!  :P  Cool interview though

#5 Posted by ComradeKritstov (693 posts) -
@xobballox said:
" That bastard spoiled the end of SC2 Wings of Liberty for me!  :P  Cool interview though "
Thanks for the heads up. Decided I should skip the interview and get back to that campaign.
#6 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -
@xobballox said:
" That bastard spoiled the end of SC2 Wings of Liberty for me!  :P  Cool interview though "
Eek, sorry. Maybe I should spoiler-tag the video so I don't get angry posters on me. :P
#7 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -
@CrazyChris: I'm not all that mad :P  He wasn't very specific about it anyways, I figured that's what was going to happen at the end.
#8 Posted by MadeinFinland (839 posts) -

Very cool. nice find.

#9 Posted by IBurningStar (2172 posts) -

It is a new IP. They have confirmed this. I think they also said it would be a FPS, but I don't know how true that bit is. It could have just been a rumor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.