Blizzard's New MMO is a New Franchise

#1 Posted by TheKidNixon (1564 posts) -
#2 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Mike Tyson's Super MMO Punch-Out.

#3 Posted by Matt_ (337 posts) -

Hmm, interested to find out what it could be. Too bad I won't be playing it. I will avoid it like I do WoW because there is just not enough free time to get in and enjoy it.

#4 Edited by Kombat (2205 posts) -

Didn't we already know this?  I'm pretty sure that they said this before at some point, yet people continued to speculate at a possible World of Warcraft sequel or a Starcraft-themed MMO.

#5 Posted by pissedoffthewitch (516 posts) -

only thing that can kill wow are the people who made it

#6 Posted by Maxszy (2064 posts) -

I'm hoping they take it to a science fiction setting. I highly doubt they will do fantasy again, or maybe a different type that is considerably different than WoW. Hopeful though that they take it to space!

#7 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6155 posts) -
Maxszy said:
"I'm hoping they take it to a science fiction setting. I highly doubt they will do fantasy again, or maybe a different type that is considerably different than WoW. Hopeful though that they take it to space!"

I agree completely.  An original IP set in space with Blizzard backing it would definitely get my attention.
#8 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
pissedoffthewitch said:
"only thing that can kill wow are the people who made it "
WoW is too powerful for even the likes of Blizzard now!
#9 Posted by TheKidNixon (1564 posts) -

I would certainly be interested to see a space-opera style game from Blizzard. My main hope is that whatever it is, that it would be different enough from WoW to not feel like that game with a new skin. Which kinda seems to be the directions MMO have run themselves into.

That said, if anyone who reinvent the wheel (again), Blizzard is the one to do it.

#10 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

Damn I was hoping they'd pick up Warhammer 40,000

Now I'm kinda excited to see what this is all about, I hope they at least put a twist on the lore, like a viking sci-fi one or something :P 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.