Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blizzard Entertainment

Company »

Blizzard Entertainment Inc. (formerly named Silicon & Synapse) is an American video game developer and publisher currently based in Irvine, CA. As of July 10, 2008 they are a division of Activision Blizzard.

My World of Warcraft account banned?

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ch13696

So I just received an email stating that the password to my battle.net account has been changed. Followed by another email stating that my account has been locked and I need to secure my email and computer. Check for viruses and the such. Well, I did and I changed the password myself on my battle.net account. I went into my account after I did everything and I looked over everything to make sure it was all fine. I come to find out that my World of Warcraft account has been banned. Even though I don't play the game right now, I would like to play in the future. Has anyone else ran into this problem? I just hope nothing else got locked out. I still have Diablo II and the expansion on that account.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Druminator

Same here, but I don't play ever.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ch13696

Weird. I hope it's not due to hackers going after accounts for Starcraft II or the Cataclysm expansion.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf

Huh... That is odd. 0_o

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Jadeskye

Seems likely that soemone got into your WoW account.

Teaspoon83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Teaspoon83

My wife has had her account suspended, economy exploitation but she wasn't even paying at the time. Read the e-mail and follow the directions if you believe you were wrongfully banned. They returned my wife's account after we proved she wasn't even subscribing at the time.

SoftButtCheeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SoftButtCheeks

This is actually interesting

I got the same e-mail from blizzard a couple days ago saying the same thing. I haven't played WoW in 2 years but it said that the email to the account has been changed. I was like wat? and went along with the rest of my day. I imagine my account has been banned as well.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ch13696

I just received another email stating why my WoW account was banned. 

Reason for Closure: Terms of Use Violation -- Exploitative Activity: Abuse of the Economy

This account was closed because one or more characters were identified exchanging, or contributing to the exchange of, in-game property (items or gold) for ""real-world"" currency. This exchange process negatively impacts the World of Warcraft game environment by detracting from the value of the in-game economy.

Even if this behavior is the result of a third party accessing the account instead of the registered user (for example, a friend, family member, or leveling service) then the account can still be held responsible for the penalty because of the impact it had on the game environment.

We've found the above behavior is many times directly related to groups responsible for compromising World of Warcraft accounts; we take these issues very seriously. To better understand our position against exploitative activity and the risks involved, please review this article: 
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.

The exploitative activity that took place on this account violates the World of Warcraft Terms of Use. We ask you take a moment to review these terms at 
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.. Note that additional Terms of Use violations may result in more severe actions against this account, up to and including permanent closure.

For any disputes of this action or further information on Exploitive Activity, please visit the Exploitative Activity FAQ and contact page here: 
    http://us.blizzard.com/

Regards,

Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    www.worldofwarcraft.com    

Freaking weird. Well I told them that I haven't used the account since 2007. So hopefully they'll do something about it.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JJOR64

I've been getting a lot of spam from "Blizzard."  They keep telling me that my password got changed, but my account is just fine.

Looks like someone is trying to get free WoW accounts.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ch13696
    @JJOR64: HA! Apparently it didn't work very long for them. Because they only got to use it for like an hour at most.
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By TheHT

Didn't want to make a new thread, but this shit's been happening to me too. Now it's gotten to the point where I've got to send in some form with ID proving who I am.

Really, really annoying.

Elusionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Elusionar

Same thing happened to my girlfriend, she called they fix it, 30min later it happened again.

Secretly I am sort of glad; wow was really bad for her!

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Codeacious
    @JJOR64
    I've been getting a lot of spam from "Blizzard."  They keep telling me that my password got changed, but my account is just fine.

Looks like someone is trying to get free WoW accounts.
    This. There are tons of emails from "Blizzard" claiming that your account was hacked, banned, etc, and ask you to click a link in the email. If you want to be sure, go to battle.net by typing it in yourself and logging in.
    FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By FateOfNever

Get an autheticator, a better password, and stop buying into the fake e-mails that scammers send out.

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Gonmog

i have gotten the same emails....on a account that is not linked to my blizz account anymore, and on a account that i have a autheticator on. NEVER CLICK ON LINKS FROM A BLIZZARD EMAIL!!! even if it looks legit. just type battle.net into the browser yourself. better safe then sorry.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.