This game needs a quick-look.

#1 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

This is such an amazing game, with so much potential for creativity. Giant Bomb should do a quick-quicklook (25 minutes), I think it would open up a new type of game for a lot of people. 

#2 Posted by Sin4profit (2906 posts) -

After playing Minecraft, this looks like an interesting game.

#3 Posted by Bollard (5247 posts) -

Why is the only forum post from this game from 3 years ago, but it came out today?!

#4 Edited by Kovie (198 posts) -
#5 Posted by Bollard (5247 posts) -

@kovie: But it was originally released 3 years ago?

#6 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1631 posts) -

@chavtheworld: well you see, if it isn't on steam it's not really out!

#7 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5221 posts) -

Well, I guess they never did a quick look then.

#8 Posted by Orbi (100 posts) -

@chavtheworld said:

Blockland is waaaaaaaaaaaay older than 3 years, I remember playing downloadable versions of it back in... 2006? It was the first actual digital Lego game as far as I'm aware. I've always thought of Minecraft as a Blockland clone, not the other way around.

#9 Posted by Kovie (198 posts) -
@orbi said:

@chavtheworld said:

Blockland is waaaaaaaaaaaay older than 3 years, I remember playing downloadable versions of it back in... 2006? It was the first actual digital Lego game as far as I'm aware. I've always thought of Minecraft as a Blockland clone, not the other way around.

I'm not too familiar with the full lineage myself, but it looks like it's been kicking around in some form for close to a decade, then in 2007 it transitioned from freeware into an overhauled retail version.

Most of my own experience comes from (I think) a modded freeware version, years ago. You see some weird things happen in a bootleg Lego world.

#10 Posted by HatKing (5813 posts) -

I would really like to see them play this. Maybe now that it's out on Steam @jayross can see his wish granted?

#11 Posted by Bam_Boozilled (150 posts) -
#12 Edited by RazielCuts (2925 posts) -
@jayross said:

Giant Bomb should do a quick-quicklook (25 minutes)

Ah, when Quick Look's were 25 minutes, twas a simpler time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.