It's out

#1 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -

But i'm not paying £40 for it :O That's absurd.

#2 Posted by Ghostin (369 posts) -

Aye, I saw the price too... I'd recommend waiting till september mate... coming to retail and steam for a normal price.  If enough people wait they won't try gouging in their next game (they have A Song of Fire and Ice coming if I remember). 

#3 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Fun and entertaining looking game but most definately not at the price they are asking at the moment.

#4 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -

I'll probably pick it up this time next year when it's 50p steam weekend deal or something. If I was drinking coffee when I looked at the price I probably would have choked on it, I was expecting a World of Goo sort of price.

#5 Posted by Kayrack (293 posts) -

man i wish it was here

#6 Posted by MisterMollusk (399 posts) -

its going for a normal 50 bucks in US.

#7 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -
@MisterMollusk:

£40 is normal here, but, it's clearly not a full retail game so I consider it an absurd price. And you don't even have to cover the cost of a retail release so it's even more insane.
#8 Posted by MisterMollusk (399 posts) -

i'm sure it'll be one of those games that drops in price pretty quick after its full launch. i'll probably buy in at the 30ish dollar range.

#9 Posted by Einherjan (588 posts) -

Saw it. Wasn't impressed.

#10 Posted by MisterMollusk (399 posts) -

Try playing it first.

#11 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -
@uskomaton:

I'm a huge Blood Bowl fan, I just don't think the game looks high budget enough, or well-constructed enough for £40, if other fans don't mind paying that price that's cool, but the gaming industry afficionado inside me is saying that no matter how much I love Blood Bowl, this game doesnt look like a full price retail game, and i'm not paying that price. I'll wait and i'm sure i'll thoroughly enjoy it for a reduced price.
#12 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (3963 posts) -

Originally I heard it would be a downloadable XBL game before now. Looks like I can buy the PC version online for $50. Can't say I'm eager to get it at that price point. I'd prefer a box & instructions plus disk.  Or an Xbox 360 version.

#13 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

Wow, I thought this game looked like good fun, but 40 dollars?  Or ya know... Euros?  40 somethin'?!

Outrageous is all I can say!

#14 Posted by Ghostin (369 posts) -

I picked up a boxed copy in the UK, the game is a lot of fun... but the UI is totally busted. 

If you are interested still, maybe importing a hardcopy will work out cheaper.  It was standard PC pricing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.