Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Are you going to get a Platinum trophy in this?

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Poll Are you going to get a Platinum trophy in this? (120 votes)

Of course 34%
    Maybe 34%
    Nope, too hard 9%
    I don't give a damn about trophies 23%

So, I finally got platinum in Bloodborne. When I saw how fast the percentages were going up, I figured this may actually be a game that a lot of people will try and get platinum. So, are you one of those people?

It took me 38 hours to do it, with two saves and I only looked stuff up when it came to Chalice Dungeons or where the hidden bosses were that I missed, and the weapons. So it isn't too hard. But no one really cares about achievements or trophies anymore so I was curious what the thoughts were for this game trophy wise.

• 
    Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

No. I just don't care about that stuff. At all. It has no effect on the game, it has no effect on people on my list, it has no effect... on anything. No one will even see that you did that unless they go into menu after menu to find out.

If it had any impact on the game... like, people who have a Platinum Trophy get this faint glow around their character, or they get unique skins for weapons, or even just a platinum trophy next to your name. On a system level having it surface you achieved platinum to all of your friends like a notification. Similar to how a new download has been added: Zevvion earned the Platinum Trophy for Bloodborne!

Maybe even just on the main menu, having a list of friends who achieved the platinum.

But there's just nothing. Nothing, nowhere. It's utterly pointless. Unless I forget I got that trophy, I won't even be reminded myself that I have it. In which case I just tell myself up front: yeah, I could do all that stuff rather easily; so now I won't have to.

Boss_Kowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

If there is an option in the poll for people who don't give a damn about trophies, why is there no choice for people who already have the platinum trophy in Bloodborne? In any case, it only took me 31 hours to earn all the trophies, spread across five days. Although this was my first Souls-like experience, I now know what it is that people look forward to in a From Software game. Had I not gotten burned out on Bloodborne, I would probably still be playing it.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I already got the plat.

eternalshades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already platinumed. Also happens to be my very first platinum (on any platform ps3/360/ps4/xb1)

I almost never go for trophies, but in this case I already had almost every trophy by the end of the game anyways. I stumbled upon the having all the requirements for seeing all 3 endings, so i just did the save backup and load to quickly get all 3 of those ending trophies.

I then had 3 trophies left to do. all weapons, all tools, and the chalice boss one. The first two just took looking up what I was missing and quickly found what I needed (2 weapons, 1 tool). Took less than an hour.

Last one was quite a bit more painful since I never really touched the chalice stuff and so it took a good 5-6 hours to get it. Which was fine because once I finished the game I was still itching to play more. After going through some rather hellish chalice dungeons... that itch got scratched down to the bone. Almost gave up at that half-health dungeon. F*** that place. This trophy reminded my why I never normally go for trophies.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Didn't think the game was fun enough. One run will do for me on this one.

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Maybe way down the line. I only have one platinum trophy to my name (Dark Souls 1) but it was so grueling and unfun that I kinda resented doing it in the first place. That said, maybe I'll feel some sick urge to get it after countless hours of playing the game. I think I would be happier though if I didn't let those things nag at me. So short answer is no, at least I hope not lol.

edit: oh wow, this looks like a really easy trophy to get. HMMMMM.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ChrisTaran

Would love too, but far to hard to achieve that for me to put time towards it.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Seikenfreak

Maybe. Not sure if I want to or can play through the game again quickly for the other two story trophies. I've only got one other platinum (GT6) so it might be neat to have another.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Teddie

Sure, whenever I decide to run through NG++ for the ending I haven't got.

@zevvion Well, you do get something for all of the trophies except the Platinum, since you're completing something ingame to get them. I've been using the trophies in this game as a completion tracker, since there isn't any "Defeat X Boss Without Dodging" stuff.

@seikenfreak: You might be surprised how fast you can book it through NG+. You can run through everything now while getting enough level-ups from bosses to never feel affected by difficulty, and you realize half the areas in the game are oprional anyway. NG+ took me about 4 hours to get through, and I stopped to do the sidequests I didn't see my first run through.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie: Yea I may try the NG+ approach. I did the save backup trick so I was able to complete it but rolled it back so I could still toy around in the end-game, messing around with other weapons or doing more chalice stuff. I fired up the other new character today and.. I dont know. I'm not feeling it. Cleric Beast is destroying me pretty hard and I can't remember but I may have done it on first try on my original character. I wanted to try a Skill type character this time but maybe the Threaded Cane just does no damage or I don't like the move set or I dont know what but I'm just having a hard time with Cleric Beast. I wanted to buy the Hunter's Axe now but it's not in the shop sooo.. I don't know.

Maybe NG+ will be easier than NG.. because that makes sense heh

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I already got it so I guess that's a yes.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe. Depends on how insane some of the trophies are.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Just finished yesterday. Wasn't worth my time or frustration but I sometimes get obsessive about trophies and this was just one of those games. Some of those Chalice Dungeon bosses are no joke, AND you likely have to grind out materials in them to unlock the later ones. Even more annoying is the fact that ALL the other trophies are stupid easy to get except that one. Happy that I can now play more of that game on my own terms.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I got it already it was actually pretty easy. I was pretty happy to make it my first PS4 plat.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Already got it. All things considered it's a pretty easy platinum.

My NG++ for the final ending trophy took 3 hours. You can really blast through the game if you only fight the critical path bosses, run by most enemies, and don't have to worry about leveling.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I probably would if I had a PS4. I platinumed Demon's and Dark SOuls and got all the achievements in Dark SOuls and (yesterday, after ten months and 280 hrs) Dark Souls II. But I may never get a PS4.

novadth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By novadth

I basically have to, I've platinumed all the Souls games, I'd feel like all the grinding in DeS would've been for nothing if I don't.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, but I don't want to not fight Gehrman on my main character because that would fucking suck. Also Moon Presence is actually pretty difficult on NG+ Alt characters ahoy! Making a little bit of progress each week.

I got like 12-13 trophies when they were at 0.1% so not too worried about it.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I can't choose any of your selections.

I won't get the Platinum because I had my fill of the game at 29 hours. I like trophies and didn't find it difficult, but there's more stuff to play.

So just "nope."

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ares42

Already got it. Didn't think I'd replay the game after my first playthrough, but as with all other Souls games it's just so easy to jump back in and go for another run. And it's always exciting to explore the stuff you missed out on last time.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Sony should send you a real trophy for Platinum trophies.

Just think of the hood ornaments that could lead to!

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Spoonman671

I'm already halfway through the final chalice dungeon. After that, I've just got to beat the last boss, and then another quick playthrough. I might as well.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Probably? I usually only platinum games when I realllly like the game, so even though they're pointless, monotonous "achievements" it gives me a reason to prolong something I enjoy. I'll probably do it the cheap way though and exploit cloud saves so I don't have to go through the whole game for third time.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@zevvion said:

Maybe even just on the main menu, having a list of friends who achieved the platinum.

The PS4 does that under the "What's New" thing, which is what it defaults to when you turn it on. I've got in the habit of scrolling down through that for a bit when I first turn my system on. You can also scroll down on individual games to the recent activity and see what your friends have done in that specific game. It would be cool if they could have it do something within the game, though.

On topic, no, I won't get it for this game. I liked Dark Souls but never finished it. I didn't like Dark Souls 2 at all. For Bloodborne, I really like a lot of stuff about it, but I'm finding I don't seem to have the patience to play it as much as I did Dark Souls 1. I finally managed to kill the second boss, but I just have no desire to play it anymore.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spoonman671: You could just upload your save to the cloud, then when you beat the boss just download the save and fight the boss again. That's what I did.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spoonman671: You could just upload your save to the cloud, then when you beat the boss just download the save and fight the boss again. That's what I did.

I had already consumed three of the four umbilical cord pieces before thinking of that. I can get two of the three ending now, but I think I have to run all the way through the game again to get the platinum. I want to try some strength weapons anyway.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never cared about trophies or achievements. Dont even look at them.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually might. It will be easier than I expected. I only have two of the three ending trophies left to get.

It does mean I have to beat the game two more times though, and while I am in currently going through NG+ and some chalice dungeons, I'll probably need a break.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did already pretty easily, but the last few were so boring I didn't enjoy it. I mainly did it so I could say I "experienced everything" Bloodborne has to offer at the moment.

NG+2 run took 2 hours to rush through, only hitting the 6-7 bosses you need to.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I've got a few let to go, but it seems like they'll take a while. I almost platinumed Dark Souls II but never got through with it because the magic achievements involved NG++, and I ran out of steam before then.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Seikenfreak
    @seikenfreak said:

Maybe. Not sure if I want to or can play through the game again quickly for the other two story trophies. I've only got one other platinum (GT6) so it might be neat to have another.

Annnnd I just got the Platinum. I cannot believe how quickly I went through that. As I said earlier, figured I'd do it on NG because that'd be easier than NG+.. Turns out NG+ is easier than NG lol Got stuck on NG with Cleric Beast for some reason and, as per @teddie suggestion I tried it on NG+ instead. Hah, I think it took me like 3-4 hours? My jaw is kinda on the floor from how quickly someone like me could beat it and how few bosses are actually required.

I also learned that I must have unintentionally had the suspend mode AI bug on some bosses on my first playthrough. I actually died a few times on Micolash this go around because of his room wide instant-KO magic thing. He never did this the first time I fought him. After that was Wet Nurse, I thought it was suspiciously simple on my original win but, a win is a win and I was glad to be past it. On NG+ though there were a number of other moves she never did before. It was a tad bit trickier but still somewhat easy. Got it on my second try?

I just can't believe how fast that was. I've never played through one of these games over again to completion. I did get all the way back to Drangleic Castle in DS2 on NG+ but it took so long still and I got tired and stopped.

Caudill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already got it, so I voted "of course". Hardest part about getting this platinum is the chalice dungeon stuff, even then it's not super hard just pretty grindy and can get a little tiring after a while trying to get all the required materials...perhaps I should have used the dupe glitch to make it a little easier on myself (but fuck that).

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kaos_cracker

@caudill: Hardest part for me was the chalice dungeons. It isn't terrible until you get to the Defiled Dungeon. At that point I ended up getting all the materials needed for the final dungeon, then when I got them I told myself I have to actually finish it.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got this last night! The Chalice Dungeons were the most time consuming, but overall not a difficult Platinum.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.