Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Bloodborne - Official Gamescom Demo Gameplay

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jimmyfenix

Sony has released the Gamescom demo which attendees were able to play.

Around the 5 minute mark it looks like there is a large spider on the building.

Also i love the entrance of the boss. Based Miyazaki.

It is hard to believe this game will be out early next year.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Steadying

Man those werewolves look scary.

Also, I know this has been said a trillion times before, but MAN is this game Souls-y as hell. Like, even the interface is exactly the same. Not that I'm complaining. As long as they don't try to pretend like it's not Souls-y.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

March 31, 2015 eh?

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep.

This game looks absolutely incredible.

From are one of the best developers in the world right now.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

A spiritual successor to Dark Souls which in turn is a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls. Count me in.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irrelevantjohn: Well it is a Tuesday :p I expect it around March/April. Order comes out in February so i do not see Sony releasing it in that month.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

This game looks FUCKING AWESOME

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Oh god, this looks so fucking good. If Destiny doesn't deliver for some reason, then this is definitely a system seller for me.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Oh man am I excited.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my fucking god. I wasn't hyped before. I am now.

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man soooo good. I am still a little skeptical of the health regain system but i guess its one of those things you have to actually try in action.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I suppose what I'm most curious about is what else is there to this world other than a Gothic city. It seems less fantastical than the previous games, at least in terms of setting, so it doesn't seem like we would get a Lost Izalith or Dragon Aerie type of environment in this game.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cloudnineboya

gimme gimme wow it looks so good the detail on the the boss, wow. i love this art style along with the order, amazing .

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wheel chair dude with shotgun is the best enemy I have ever seen in a game. Ever.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

Dynamic "parry" timings, or at least what looks to be relatively dynamic, and the blood system seem like really cool ways to spice up the combat and make it less chug-friendly shield blocking style. Above all else, the gothic horror vibe (and the TOTAL darkness of the one building they enter in the demo) make me super excited to pick this up. This is going to get me to buy a PS4 without a doubt.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rongalaxy: Have you played Dark Souls 2 and attacked Darkdiver Grandahl? He zooms around in that wheelchair like a pro. It's pretty ridiculous and great.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Environment designers for this series are just out of control. Too good. Too good!

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snakeitachi: During the beginning of the boss fight you can see the player pop a thing in his hand, increasing his health back to maximum and ticking the upper-left counter from "16" to "15." I assume you just accumulate blood, and every time that meter fills up you get another healing item.

SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suppose what I'm most curious about is what else is there to this world other than a Gothic city. It seems less fantastical than the previous games, at least in terms of setting, so it doesn't seem like we would get a Lost Izalith or Dragon Aerie type of environment in this game.

I'm already guessing that a prison-style setting, Gothic cathedrals, and catacombs are definitely possible. Maybe a forest, or an outskirt to some dilapidated village.

God, there are so many cool places this game can take place. I need to stop thinking about it.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@siroptimusprime: I honestly don't mind if it's all the same gothic setting. Huge changes in environments is nice, but there's also something to the idea of having it all take place in this gloomy city. If they design the specific areas well enough so you can tell them apart and include interesting landmarks and set-pieces, then that's all they need. That being said, I'd be just as happy if they did include "different" environments.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pyrodactyl

The combat certainly seems more offensive and dynamic but I fear they are sacrificing RPG dept and gameplay variety. I'm really worried they trashed the stat screen and simplified the equipment options. I'm sure the difficulty, atmosphere and dread will be there but without a wide range of ways to play the game it's not going to be the same.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Good to know the camera is still awful whenever fighting large enemies.

SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

@development: I really hope the city of Yharnam is the main hub, kind of like a sprawling Firelink/massive Nexus where you have to take distinct paths to the separate "areas" that exist as logical extensions of the Gothic environment. Then it would feel like this city is the main environment without turning into icy tundra and other weird shit. I like weird shit, but man it'd be so fucking cool to be able to explore the back alleys of that city. Even calling the werewolf a "Cleric beast" gives me high hopes for where they're going with this game's vibe.

@pyrodactyl: y'know, I was thinking that too but in the end I'm okay with that if the game is still really good. There are plenty of upcoming RPG's nowadays that I feel like I don't have to worry about that. I'm ready to enjoy this game as a stupid action game if the setting, sound design, and tone remains this dour throughout.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rongalaxy: Have you played Dark Souls 2 and attacked Darkdiver Grandahl? He zooms around in that wheelchair like a pro. It's pretty ridiculous and great.

I own it and played a little bit but got sidetracked (I went away on vacation when it came out). The information you have provided to me is a good indication I should probably get back into dark souls 2 at some point (probably after I'm done with Witcher 1+2).

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Another great looking game, I really dig this style! I expect a 6 month delay to hit this one, though.

Did you see that carriage being pulverized!?

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rongalaxy: Might as well wait for the next DLC to arrive, too. The first DLC was good, but you can finish it in one sitting.

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Tyrrael

Graphically, both from a technical and artistic standpoint, the game looks incredible, however, I was really hoping it wasn't going to be essentially the exact same type of gameplay as the Souls games. I'm sure there are some nuances here and there, but I really hate the combat in those games. It's just not fun to me. I knew it was from the same people who made Souls, but I was hoping it wasn't going to be quite so similar. It's a shame, because graphically, it looks great, and the sound design also seems quite good. I really dig the gothic horror style, too, but that combat system is one of the most frustrating things I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing.

On the one hand, I really want this game to succeed. The developer clearly has a knack for great art direction, sound design, setting and tone, which are all very important things. Also, while it may not be very enticing to me, it will make other people happy, so there's that.

On the other hand, I really want this game to fail as much as a game can possibly fail. I really hate the gameplay style of these games, and I think that a studio like this could do so much more, but as long as people eat that shit up, they're going to keep making this style of game (not that I can really blame them from a business standpoint). I was just really hoping maybe it would be a little more action oriented, or maybe just different. Perhaps going the DmC route with combat wouldn't be the best idea, but there are other styles. They could have used a more technical type of combat system, like say, the Metal Gear Rising style. It's not super heavy on long, ridiculous combo chains, it's more about precise timing and using the proper attacks at the right time. I know people are going to say that sounds similar to the souls games, but everything else surrounding those aspects is completely different.

I really had high hopes for this game. I could have dealt with some Souls aspects mixed in, but it's essentially a carbon copy. Oh well, this is probably the first major disappointment this gen, and it probably won't be the last.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pyrodactyl

@development said:

@rongalaxy: Might as well wait for the next DLC to arrive, too. The first DLC was good, but you can finish it in one sitting.

Depends on your level. At SL 100 and with a nerfed moonlight greatsword+5 it was grueling the first time through. I went back with my cleric at 150 or something and crushed everything.

Sounds like the second DLC is harder so that's pretty cool

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Aegon

It seems you have a certain amount of time to get your health back (via blood), which takes the idea of "offensive souls" further.

Also there doesn't appear to be an estus flask equivalent. You either attack to gain health or use the blood vials.

Oooh and there's other hunters around. I like that.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I'm loving that weapon, especially the life-leeching part of it.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that other hunter an NPC or some seamless multiplayer? I'm really excited about this.

Montezuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Montezuma

Rock hard

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving the setting and the daunting prospect of not being so shield dependent. I better learn how to roll. With every Souls game I keep thinking this is how a 3D Castlevania should be.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

Loving the setting and the daunting prospect of not being so shield dependent. I better learn how to roll. With every Souls game I keep thinking this is how a 3D Castlevania should be.

I always play with a shield so I'm also super excited being forced to play a Souls game primarily dodging. Who does the art for these games? They have geniuses working there right now...their art direction is on another level.

syz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody who can watch that and not dig the weapon mechanics is high on dust.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

I was just thinking this looks like the 3D Castlevania I've always wanted.

Rolling and evasive moves seem much faster in this than Souls.. Faster paced combat would be a refreshing change, not that there's anything wrong with Souls combat, but still..

syz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

Man, I'm loving that weapon, especially the life-leeching part of it.

I guess you have a period of time after getting hit where you'll regain health by attacking.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or they're using blood as currency, ala Souls.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: I actually sprinted to The Rotten with a new character and found the area exactly suitable for how experienced the player should be by that point. BUT, that's assuming you got there through one of the more normal routes. At like level 30 I got my damn ass handed to me. Killed a couple bosses and came back at around 100 and I found it to be perfect at that level. It helps using those dudes' crazy poison mace.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

March 31, 2015 eh?

It's whats listed on PSN and is a tuesday.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#42  Edited By c_rakestraw
    @irrelevantjohn said:

March 31, 2015 eh?

That's just a placeholder. Very common for retailers to use end of month dates until the official one is announced.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil said:
    @irrelevantjohn said:

March 31, 2015 eh?

That's just a placeholder. Very common for retailers to use end of month dates until the official one is announced.

Fair enough, but it's a better placeholder here then just 2015.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Well...I think I may have to buy a PS4..

syz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil said:
    @irrelevantjohn said:

March 31, 2015 eh?

Although they ran a trailer reel at Gamescom with Bloodborne in it and then came out and said "These'll all be out in the next 6 months."

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: I actually sprinted to The Rotten with a new character and found the area exactly suitable for how experienced the player should be by that point. BUT, that's assuming you got there through one of the more normal routes. At like level 30 I got my damn ass handed to me. Killed a couple bosses and came back at around 100 and I found it to be perfect at that level. It helps using those dudes' crazy poison mace.

When I said grueling I meant it in the best possible way. I didn't really have that hard of a time except against bosses and those asshole ghosts. It was exactly the right amount of chalenge for me at SL 100.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.