Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Bloodborne's Nightmare Edition not coming to North America.

GMoneyChuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, I am not the kind of person that usually thinks about buying a "Collectors Edition" to any game. But when From Software showed off the "Nightmare Edition" for Bloodborne, I kind of got excited. That excitement was soon quelled when I soon found out that it will only be released in European markets. Whats up with that? Do the European's have a bigger "Souls" fanbase? Or is this some sort of weird marketing thing?

Anywho, let me know how you guys feel about this, or if this edition even piques your interest at all. I know I'm a little bummed about it myself.

(P.s. If I did order it, would the game not work with my "American" Ps4?)

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

PS4 has no region lock. The European version would work however if they ever release DLC you would have to buy it from the EU PSN.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gmoneychuck: Someone else might be able to verify this and you should try before you take my word for it but from my understanding of region locking on the PS4, your PS4 is region locked for bluray movies and that's it. You can import physical copies of games from other regions and they'll work on your system but the DLC is region locked, so if you get a European copy of the game you'll have to buy the DLC from the European PSN store. This may only apply to digital copies of the game though. Sorry I can't be more help, I'm sure someone can help you better.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

Demon's Souls came 8 months later to Europe so NA does not have the right to complain about anything. Maybe they couldn't strike a deal with gamestop to carry it.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

@gmoneychuck: Someone else might be able to verify this and you should try before you take my word for it but from my understanding of region locking on the PS4, your PS4 is region locked for bluray movies and that's it. You can import physical copies of games from other regions and they'll work on your system but the DLC is region locked, so if you get a European copy of the game you'll have to buy the DLC from the European PSN store. This may only apply to digital copies of the game though. Sorry I can't be more help, I'm sure someone can help you better.

This is true for the most part but be wary, developers can opt to region lock their game on a game to game basis, its unlikely but it is always a possibility.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#6  Edited By alistercat

It costs £100 in the UK, and would probably cost you almost $200 to import. It's not worth it. Doesn't really seem special anyway.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@kagato said:

This is true for the most part but be wary, developers can opt to region lock their game on a game to game basis, its unlikely but it is always a possibility.

So far there has not been a single region locked PS4 game and only one game on the PS3 was region locked (Persona 4 Arena).

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By musubi

Different branches of Sony making different deals for their respective regions. My guess is SEN doesn't have an outstanding amount of confidence for Bloodborne to preform in the NA market.

Sure it'll probably be a good game and be a favorite among the press and fans alike but I seriously doubt it has any real impact sales wise in North America. The Souls Games did good but never amazing numbers. Dark Souls II did about 1.5 million a launch which is solid but not super great.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's weird but Europe is the largest and most profitable PlayStation market and has been for a very long time.

Considering what we go through with 3DS games in Europe, neener :D

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shame. I just hope they announce a PS4 Bloodborne bundle already!

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

IN GAME FEDORA HAT!

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It costs £100 in the UK, and would probably cost you almost $200 to import. It's not worth it. Doesn't really seem special anyway.

Yeah, I don't think you're missing much tbh OP. A tin faux book case and some extra little trinkets. The notebook looks like it could be okay? But I'm not even sure what it is, just literally a book to take notes in with the main character on the front? If so then nope.

Even the Collectors Edition seems a bit lame. An extra £20 for a Steelbook thats just the same art as the normal edition, an 'Art' book and a key for the OST. I was all ready to lay down for the SE or NE but it just seems like no imagination or effort has gone into either edition. Base game it is for me I'm afraid.

johnnymcginley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only down with it if it has a Nightmare Creatures downloadable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.