Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Bloodborne Screenshots

• 70 results
    development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@meatball said:

@militantfreudian said:
    @development said:

I'm a little nervous hearing Miyazaki wants to take things away from the "block and attack" kind of gameplay in favor of something more "offensive." I really, really hope that doesn't mean something akin to Devil May Cry or Bayonetta, or even a middleground between the two types of games. I hope that just moreso means it's Demon's Souls without the shields. I'll play it, regardless.

I just saw the hands-on impression video on Gamespot and they said that you seem to be up against a larger number of enemies, so this is a bit worrying. I liked the personal nature of the combat in the previous games and the fact that you kind of have to play a bit defensive and pick your shots.

You two do realise this isn't fucking Dark Souls, right? God forbid Miyazaki actually make a different fucking game.

Tell me how you really feel.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By GTCknight

@karkarov said:

@gtcknight said:

@karkarov said:

Still need to know more. I am concerned I always see the same two weapons in the main dudes hands. That and the main dude is always the same dude. Where is my character options? Where are the different weapon choices?

Not sure if anyone has said this to you or not, but they've already stated that there will be character creator and that those are just some of the weapons in the game.

Here's a link to Playstation Blog

Thanks for the link. I would still like to see more than what they have shown so far, I am fairly sure I am not the only one. EDIT: That link says absolutely nothing about a character creator and even quasi implies you are a set in stone static character. I won't be surprised if there is one but it would be nice if they just "said" there was. At least it does "sort of" confirm that there are more weapons.

Sorry about that. I thought I read somewhere (take that with a grain of salt, since I can't find remember where I heard it now) that there is a character creator though. sadly all the info for Bloodbourne is just small bits of info nothing exact.

And again sorry about that link not mentioning the Character creator.

The only thing I will mention is that Dark Souls 2 used one character model for pretty much all of its trailers.

Edit: did some searching still couldn't find a mention of a character creator (I kinda hate it when I get something wrong) on any news site. So, again very sorry about that link. I would like to believe/hope that they continue to have it since I do find it both fun and interesting to see what other peoples character looks like (since they tend to go nude).

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The art direction of dark souls never did it for me, but this looks sweet.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I can't wait for this game! I NEED THIS GAME.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtcknight: Not a big deal, mistakes happen we all make them. I appreciate the link regardless, any new info is better than no new info.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:

@gtcknight: Not a big deal, mistakes happen we all make them. I appreciate the link regardless, any new info is better than no new info.

I appreciate your understanding.

But, I have already spent an hour+ combing through the one site I know of that would be the most up-in-arms about this game "NeoGAF". eventually, I found a link to a site called Playstationlifestyle that has a article about a Famitsu coverage of Bloodborne.

All they did was post the info that a NeoGaf forum mod "duckroll" translated and posted on NeoGAF.

Hope this helps more than my last link did. I really need to go to sleep right now.

Oh, before I forget from what I read on NeoGAF sony is doing a behind-closed doors demo showing of Bloodborne.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@seppli said:

@fredchuckdave said:

@seppli: Crysis was a PC game.

How's that pertinent? It's a 2007 vintage game. And I'll fight anyone who says it wasn't hugely important.

Crysis came and went with all the fanfare of a wet fart. The only reason it's referenced to this day is to say "oh hey yah that game looked pretty good and looks nice today" and of course it does, because it wasn't built with any consideration for the hardware of it's time - which is kinda "neat" in retrospect, but really sucked back then when nothing could play it well.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#58  Edited By theacidskull

Fucking amazing, my jaw nearly dropped! looks absolutely spectacular!

I have never played a souls game, but I might just give this a chance.

EDIT: Just remembered this is for PS4. Well Fuck...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@nightriff said:

I have to beat the souls games before this comes out, looks fantastic.

Uh... Why? I mean they're good games you should play them 10/10 game of the year etc. but if by some chance you don't happen to get through them (in which case you're obviously a horrible person) I wouldn't worry too much about it; new IP = fresh start.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

@nightriff said:

I have to beat the souls games before this comes out, looks fantastic.

Uh... Why? I mean they're good games you should play them 10/10 game of the year etc. but if by some chance you don't happen to get through them (in which case you're obviously a horrible person) I wouldn't worry too much about it; new IP = fresh start.

Because if it relates to the Souls games in any way (spiritual sequel, offshoot of the universe, etc) I want to know. And I need more reasons to play those games sooner.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those look like bullshots to me.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah. Whoa.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't worry about it not being enough like Dark Souls guys, Dark Souls 3 will come out to PS4 at some time too...

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That looks amazing and I love the Gothic theme with it too.

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:
    @jarmahead said:

I love the look of this. Looks darker than Dark Souls, somehow.

@meatball said:

@militantfreudian said:
    @development said:

I'm a little nervous hearing Miyazaki wants to take things away from the "block and attack" kind of gameplay in favor of something more "offensive." I really, really hope that doesn't mean something akin to Devil May Cry or Bayonetta, or even a middleground between the two types of games. I hope that just moreso means it's Demon's Souls without the shields. I'll play it, regardless.

I just saw the hands-on impression video on Gamespot and they said that you seem to be up against a larger number of enemies, so this is a bit worrying. I liked the personal nature of the combat in the previous games and the fact that you kind of have to play a bit defensive and pick your shots.

You two do realise this isn't fucking Dark Souls, right? God forbid Miyazaki actually make a different fucking game.

Seriously. Dark Souls 2 already exists, and has a bunch more content coming. I for one am super excited for a game that caters to a similar fanbase but branches out artistically and in terms of gameplay.

Indeed. This is called Bloodborne and not '____ Souls' for a reason after all.

The guy from gamespot said it felt like a souls game so I'm relieved. They're not making a dark action game. There's a reason people want something like a souls game. Those a unique and relatively new experiences compared to the stale genre of hack and slash action. Now let's see if they keep the customization/loot.

Yeah, make it unique and new like those other three games.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkeyehails: Look at that snarky dude on the internet, how original. And yes, being like 3 other games is a lot better than almost all games out there that are like 12 or 20 other games.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

JESUS...... They went and did that. That looks amazing, like the setting looks amazing world I want to explore.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dem' rags be filthy as FUCK son.

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 takeaways from this thread: Framerate and Menus are the only things that are important for game design.

Well, they're two things that From has been really bad at, so there's a lot of room for improvement.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.