Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Breath of Secrets (?)

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ghost_cat

I still don't own a PS4, but I've been trying to avoid as much Bloodborne content as possible. However, I'm very curious as to how deep the rabbit hole is in this game when it comes to secrets and Easter eggs. So my question is: is there a lot of strange secrets within the game? Are there still some things remaining unknown? Do y'all think there is much more to discover?

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

There's two pretty incredible hidden areas and a lot of items no one knows how to use yet. There's probably less secret stuff just by virtue of it being a shorter game than other Souls titles, but I'd say it still has some worthwhile crazy stuff. There very well could be more to uncover, but as it stands now it doesn't look that way.

If you still haven't played Bloodborne and learned of some of the narrative shifts it takes, I'd say you may get the most surprises out of playing the main game.

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this was going to be about a new item you found called "Breath of Secrets"... kind of ironic, given your post content. I believe the word you wanted was "breadth".

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The community size of the Souls games have increased dramatically since the Demon's Souls days. Pair that with things like official guides published by Future Press and the game is pretty much completely scrutinized from top to bottom within weeks, if not days of release.

At this point, there is pretty much no undiscovered secret within the game. There is never going to be another Dark Souls pendant moment anymore.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

There aren't that many secrets in comparison to the Souls games. The game is still mysterious as hell in a lot of ways, though.

Also, I think you mean Breadth of Secrets.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Turambar is correct, what is there to find has been found. There wasn't nearly as much content in this game anyway, I beat NG+ offline and blind in less time than it took me to do just NG in Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 offline and blind.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@turambar said:

The community size of the Souls games have increased dramatically since the Demon's Souls days. Pair that with things like official guides published by Future Press and the game is pretty much completely scrutinized from top to bottom within weeks, if not days of release.

At this point, there is pretty much no undiscovered secret within the game. There is never going to be another Dark Souls pendant moment anymore.

Loading Video...

It would appear that the true function of those bells people have seen may have been discovered. Video shows the bell teleporting co-op partner to the host.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@claybrez said:

There's two pretty incredible hidden areas and a lot of items no one knows how to use yet.

Which two are you referring to? And what items are you speaking of? I'm pretty sure everything has been figured out for a decent while now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:
    @claybrez said:

There's two pretty incredible hidden areas and a lot of items no one knows how to use yet.

Which two are you referring to? And what items are you speaking of? I'm pretty sure everything has been figured out for a decent while now.

forsaken castle cainhurst and upper cathedral ward.

Regarding items, the yharnam stone had a lot of people scratching their heads but I guess it having any more importance has been put to rest. Bummer. Some of the other items I was referring to have also been figured out.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claybrez: Those aren't hidden area's? They are optional, but you pretty much get to them on your first playthrough unless you are willingly skipping them. You could argue the early access to Unseen Village and Darkbeast Paarl is somewhat of a secret because you can miss that by just playing the game normally.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:

@claybrez: Those aren't hidden area's? They are optional, but you pretty much get to them on your first playthrough unless you are willingly skipping them. You could argue the early access to Unseen Village and Darkbeast Paarl is somewhat of a secret because you can miss that by just playing the game normally.

I completely missed both of them my first playthrough, as did some other people I know. The key to upper cathedral ward isn't exactly on the main path.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zevvion

@claybrez: I see what you're saying. But if you're main pathing the game, most area's would be hidden. Roughly half of it is completely optional. They are pretty hard to miss if you just check out pathways though. And the key and Summons straight up say where you need to go. It's not hard to find and not very obscure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: Yeah, they are not nearly as hidden as Dark Souls 1's hidden stuff. They probably did not want to hide unique content in an already pretty short game. That said, I commend them for not making it entirely obvious and letting there still be some discovery.

MrXakaRebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cainhurst is probably one of the most well hidden(without being completely obtuse), and interesting secrets in the series(including all the souls). And yea Upper Cathedral isn't main path at all, not hidden put a pretty large optional area that it's entirely possible to miss. And unless you spoil them for yourself there are plenty of surprises and mysteries throughout the main path. Even a few bits of lore, hidden items, enemies and secrets in the chalice dungeons.

DriftSPace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DriftSPace

@golguin said:
    @turambar said:

Loading Video...

It would appear that the true function of those bells people have seen may have been discovered. Video shows the bell teleporting co-op partner to the host.

Let's not spread misinformation here.

The player in the video teleported because of the ring of candles below the bell; the teleport had nothing to do with the bell itself. Those candle rings appear in Isz dungeons, and are teleportation traps, as they are difficult to spot until they've been activated, and often toss players into the middle of a room full of monsters. If this player had stepped into the ring in an offline game: they would have arrived at the exact same location. The fact that the "host" was located in that room is a coincidence, or the players set it up to troll and say they figured out the purpose of the bells.

If someone wants to post a video of someone teleporting in a dungeon which is not Isz (the only kind of dungeon with teleport traps), and only using the bell: then we can agree the bells are used to teleport. Until that happens: the bells (which appear in all dungeon types, not just in Isz like the teleport rings) seem to serve no purpose, even when rung.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.