Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Buying a ps4 to play Bloodborne?

• 51 results
    DFL017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Buying a ps4 to play Bloodborne? (286 votes)

I have bought a ps4 mainly because of Bloodborne 32%
    I will buy a ps4 to play Bloodborne 5%
    I am considering purchasing a ps4 to play Bloodborne 27%
    You crazy 36%

I don't own a ps4 but am a huge Dark Souls fan and don't want to miss out on Bloodborne. I am curious to see if anyone else is considering buying a ps4 just so they can play this game.

• 
    Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're going in for it just be on the lookout for a deal. Like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UZGQ3G4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=cheapassgam08-20&ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

darkendskys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was definitely the main reason why I got a ps4 and didn't just make the switch to pc gaming.

My life would truly be hollow without these games.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Nictel

Considering it myself :-). Gonna buy a PS4 anyway, might as well be for Bloodborne.

saispag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it is literally the only game you want to play I would wait, if/when more games come along you also want to play then the console and game will both be cheaper. You will have more games to play and save some money.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By dillonwerner

Same boat you are mate. I think I am going to purchase the amazon bundle, even though I have a backlog of steam games to play

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As incredibly excited as I was for Bloodborne, at the end of the day it's still the one game I am interested in buying a PS4 for. If Metal Gear Solid 5 did not have a PC release, and Persona 5 did not have a PS3 release, things would be different. Probably will get around to owning it a year or two from now, I can wait.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sigh. I think I'm buying a PS4 for Bloodborne too. But there's also Persona 5 in the future, The Last of Us and God of War 3 Remastered. And Velocity 2X I guess. Also- I kinda like the idea of having something that's ONLY for playing games.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Safe Investment, excellent game.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

I voted for the first option, but it wasn't the only consideration. I bought it when Destiny came out because my friends wanted to play too, and I always had a few other games in mind that i knew I'd want to play on it going forward (Uncharted, Persona, etc.) and knew I'd have a fair selection of free stuff thrown my way on PS+ so there'd always be something to try.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Where's the "My older brother gave me his PS4 randomly despite not having gotten me a Christmas present in over a decade (though admittedly he did have some good presents way back when)" option?

Note: I would have bought a PS4 for Bloodborne.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

I thought about it for a while but better economic judgement prevailed in the end.

No doubt I'll play this one day but Bloodborne isn't essential to me so it doesn't have to be now.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@james_hayward: if you go with the amazon bundle and assume 40hrs of gameplay its $10/hr of fun. Which is technically a fairly affordable scale.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#13  Edited By extintor

@skullpanda1 said:

@james_hayward: if you go with the amazon bundle and assume 40hrs of gameplay its $10/hr of fun. Which is technically a fairly affordable scale.

sure I agree... but like I say, I'm not convinced that Bloodborne is an essential-must-play-now game for me. As a primarily PC & Xbox one gamer, the current PS4 exclusives aren't swaying me into a PS4 purchase yet.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wasn't the main reason for me but it was a very very big reason.
    I've been in love with the Souls series since Demons and considering Demons never went to PC I figured Bloodborne wouldn't either so I knew I must get my hands on it.
    But Uncharted 4 is coming around too and the next Metal Gear and the Last of Us, and a handful of other games that look really good and are only on PS4/I can only play on consoles vs are too good for my computer to run these days.
    So it wasn't the only reason no, but thus far it is the biggest/funnest games I own on it that justifies the purchase too me.

halodude442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought my PS4 at launch so I did not vote, but I finally feel the purchase has been justified completely by Bloodborne, with several multiplats having been awesome so far as well. Bloodborne is fantastic and exactly what I was hoping for and has a lot of little details which harken back to Demons.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I came across that deal at Amazon myself, PS4 + Bloodborne + 20.00, and almost hit the button. Bloodborne by what I saw of the QL is a great game, those little skeletons alone blew me away.

But justification simply falls short.

Maybe in a year or so...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a consideration, but probably not - especially since buying a console would mean either buying a TV or buying accessories to get it working with VGA inputs. Going through all that trouble for one game when the rest of Sony's exclusives do absolutely nothing for me would be a waste.

Maybe after I buy my Wii U when Zelda comes out I can find a PS4 for stupid cheap, but for the foreseeable future I won't be playing Bloodborne.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ps4 is pretty good.

but never buy a system for a single game

MrAbomination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the main reason I bought mine few months back, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend others do it. Bloodborne is a great game, but even as a massive Souls fan I really don't know if it has the replay value the other games have.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

Yep. Though it'll be nice to play Batman or Witcher 3 without upgrading my PC like crazy, Type O HD and Bloodborne are like THE reasons why I want a PS4.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently as I see it, the PS4 has two major exclusive titles that I would consider buying it for; Bloodborne and FFXV. If it gets one or two more great exclusive titles that aren't Uncharted then I might seriously consider buying one. Otherwise I'm sticking with PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wasn't there a poll for this already?

Either way, no. I'm not a Souls fan and won't buy a PS4 for Bloodborne. I can tell you from experience you should never buy a console to play one game, no matter how good it is or might be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
    deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your crazy.

All souls fans are.

Case in point: My cousin just called me in a frantic panic screaming his head off about how he couldn't invade people in Bloodborne because he doesn't have PS plus; Because he thinks it's a rip off. This, coming from a man who spent $500 on a single game, That he will most likely rage quit out of and snap the disk in half in under a week and then never use his PS4 again.

Don't buy a console for one game. Ever. Make sure there are other games out you want, not promises of games, actual games, in boxes or in the digital store, for sale. Because you better get a whole lot of fun out of that one game to justify the $500 purchase. (Or whatever it costs in your area)

Be smart.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Hey, guys. Bloodborne's great, but almost no game is worth purchasing a console for. Look into the future and see if there are a few more must-haves for you. If Bloodborne's the reason for getting a PS4, make sure there will be more surefire reasons later on to justify it.

You know, like Persona 5.

Salvationtwist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Salvationtwist

im also in this pickle in the last week i want to play bloodborne

but i bought my gaming pc like almost a year and half ago for like 1500$

so ps4 for me is exclusive machine for bloodborne

hell even mgs5 is comin to pc

so what do we even have for ps4 ?! THIS DILEMMA IS TOO MUCH

SPF3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My life would truly be hollow without these games.

I see what you did there. (☞゚∀゚)☞

chatmonchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

Hey, guys. Bloodborne's great, but almost no game is worth purchasing a console for. Look into the future and see if there are a few more must-haves for you. If Bloodborne's the reason for getting a PS4, make sure there will be more surefire reasons later on to justify it.

You know, like Persona 5. Persona 6

Corrected.

Persona 5 is for PS3, buying a PS4 for Bloodborne has so much more justification.

To TC: Bloodborne is the only reason I'd get a PS4 at this stage, but I still won't bother. In ~2 weeks time the hype will die down, and hopefully by then you won't feel so anxious and can save some cash. Of course, if cash is no concern, go for it.

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By burgavo

Bought myself one over christmas, but yeah Bloodborne was one of the deciding factors in getting it.

seveword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used the Gamestop trade-in deal with my 360 (which was just gathering dust) to pick up one for 250 bucks. It's cool to have a new toy, and it'll still be around for a few years. I'm enjoying the madness of Bloodborne so far, and there are a fair number of games on the horizon that I'm interested in.

Now's probably not a bad time to buy, honestly; with no big games on the horizon and retailers needing to move units, you can find a new PS4 for pretty good prices at a number of places.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought a PS4 now because of Bloodborne. I would've eventually bought it anyhow, but now it became irresistible.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
    Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nashvilleskyline

I bought a ps4 for the game yesterday and plan to resell both in a month or two. no interest in sony franchises and to be honest, i really don't like the console and interface. Here is what my girlfriend said when she saw me messing around with it: it looks like my first dvd player ui.I think she is 100% right. I sincerely don't understand people prefering the ps4 over xbox one... I just don't.

F12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're going in for it just be on the lookout for a deal. Like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UZGQ3G4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=cheapassgam08-20&ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thanks, that's the deal I was waiting for! And, uh, now I need to change my poll answer...

Avatar image for fractal_seaweed
    fractal_seaweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nashvilleskyline: I sort of agree with you, I'm not a huge fan of the ps4 UI. Initially, I found it confusing. Hoping that with some time they'll do a UI overhaul. It might be slowly growing on me though.

I didn't initially buy my ps4 for Bloodborne; but they were having that 10% sale, plus I had some credit on the store so... Yeah, I sort of did? Retroactively I guess? Bloodborne is just the icing on the cake, so to speak. I'm enjoying the system - playstation plus is pretty nifty.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I really do want to play it but there are other games out there. I am not shelling out 460 clams for one game.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By cornbredx

@skullpanda1 said:

OMG, that's perfect! Thanks so much for sharing that. That's exactly what I've been looking for! =)

Safe Investment, excellent game.

This also helps because I trust your opinion on Souls type games since I've been privy to discussions with you on these forums before about them so that's a huge plus. Thank you as well! =)

Anyway, ya. I may be the only one that voted this, but I will buy a PS4 just to play Bloodborne. Well, there's a few other games coming out in the future that I want to play as well, but Bloodborne has always been the first one coming out (now out) on the list.

The cool thing is my backlog is now down to ~20 games so I don't feel as bad about it as I did earlier in the year.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i had one, bought it at launch but sold it due to no games i liked coming out.

Yesterday i bought one, mainly for bloodborne and it seems like games are starting to come out i like. Bought the GTA V pack (played it on ps3, but they didn't have other packs) and picked up bloodborne.

No regrets.

Hewitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd never say just one game is enough to buy a console. That being said, Bloodbourne is awesome, though!

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In regards to buying a console for one game, I totally bought PS2 to play God of War 1&2. Granted, the price was cheaper by then, but I think I still spent around 300€ to get the whole package. No regrets, though, GoW 2 alone was worth it.

So if you reeeally like those Souls games...maybe?

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am tempted. But I swore to never buy another console since I usually play 2-3 games I like then they serve only to collect dust. Unless they release 7-10 games I must play on the PS4 I probably wont get it.

Also, I have no TV. Plenty of other screen devices though.

JRM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JRM

@christoffer: I don't think either console has 7-10 "must play" games atm. Depending on what you consider "must play" you may be waiting awhile. Personally I think the PS4 has had the better performing third party games and while it lack's the number of exclusive titles nothing the xbox has released has been particularly amazing. Personal preferences and all that however both system will eventually get to the point where they have a bunch of amazing games so if you're waiting to jump in based solely on "must play" games being released why wait? Or wait, or don't buy either or buy both, whatever, it's your life bro!

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
    Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kawiji:
    I'M only a couple of days into using it...but everytime I turn it on, I feel like I'm only activating a menu. It doesn't feel alive like the XBone does. It just really feels like a fancy menu. I've been leaving my Xbone turned on every evening just because it really works as an entertainment cetner...the PS4 really is a gaming machine first and foremost... It might be my age (34 soon) but I very much prefer the entertainment center over the dedicated gaming machine. One thing I'll give them though, it's fast. Much faster than the xbox one that relies on opening apps for most of the features of the console (friends, achievements etc).

discomposure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By discomposure

Personally I'd hold off until there were at least a few games you want to play on it. It depends how much money you have & just how much you think you'll love Bloodborne though -shrug-

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jrm: I think I'll wait for Persona 5 and reassess the situation then. Those are the only two I would label potential "must play" -games. And I know there's a bunch of good games on both systems, I'm just waiting to be convinced a little bit more. Until then my PC will have to do.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45  Edited By big_denim

I didn't buy it for Bloodborne since I bought it before the knowledge of Bloodborne's existance was ever revealed. That being said, it's the one legitimate reason for me holding on to my PS4. I recently built a gaming PC and my PS4 has been collecting dust ever since. Right when I was on the verge of selling it, Bloodborne came out and there's no shot in hell I'm etting rid of my PS4 now...

HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought about it, since the family is out next week and I have a few evenings to myself to get my game on. But then I saw GoW Ascension on sale for $8 and decided on that instead (on PS3). I was completely in love with Demon's, I enjoyed the combat in Dark Souls 2 so much that I happened to plat it. But I guess I'm feeling a little too soul'd out to shell out for a new console for it. Especially if the other games that interest me on said console are remakes of games I already played (Borderlands, DmC). Well, maybe the GoW3 remake can sway me. I never played that one.

p.s. If there is anybody left in the ascension pvp scene I am sure I will get my a$$ handed just like in bloodborne :p

JRM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christoffer: I hear ya, it's about a 25:75 split between PS4:PC for me ATM so I definitely get ya.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By OurSin_360

Well bloodborne is like the souls games but with better control, movement and less trolley level designs. I couldn't get into the souls games after ten hours or so because it felt tedious to grind but the combat feels good in this one to me. So my point is if you liked the tanky movement and falling off cliffs constantly then probably skip this especially if you were sword and shield. Otherwise I think you could find other use for the ps4 and bloodborne is definitely a great game and a system seller IMO.

Also I played both games on PC so the frame rate isn't great if your are used to 60fps in DaS 2 on pc

DFL017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360 said:

Also I played both games on PC so the frame rate isn't great if your are used to 60fps in DaS 2 on pc

I'm not worried about the frame rate but the load times seem like a killer to me.

Par1val

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was ONE of the reasons why I bought a PS4. If it is the main reason you get one I hope you play other games.My friend got a PS4 launch day and barely touches it. He spends his time playing DOTA2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.