Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Do the bosses get better later?

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is so far my favorite of the "souls" games if you can call it that, but one thing I'm noticing is basically every boss I'm fighting is just some large beast looking thing with sweeping attacks.

Dark Souls 2 got a lot of flak for most of the bosses being big sword guys. And I'm noticing something similar here. (Although that could change as I'm not very far at all)

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

As a boss myself, with two employees, I can tell you that sadly I have only gotten worse. That might not be much help in this instance, but my guess is bosses only get worse. ;-)

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@krullban: I don't know how to base bosses I've fought in Chalice dungeons compared to the main game, but in there I have fought a TON of smaller, SUPER agile and aggressive bosses. They are super tough and thus far have all been really creative. There have been a few along those lines in the main game where I am at ( I have killed 5 bosses thus far), but yeah there have been some HUGE bosses the just spin a lot.

But damn do they all look cool

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

There's a Gwyn-ish type fight later which is virtually impossible without parrying (basically they said "how do we make it so all those lamers that parried Gwyn can get buttfucked?"). Also your bullets miss at point blank for no reason sometimes, have fun with that.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I think this is a great Souls game, but the bosses have certainly let me down so far. DSII recieved criticism for bosses looking generic as you said, and I thought the tactics you used to defeat bosses in DS was too similar with each of them. Bloodborne combined both negatives for me so far. None of them look very special, but I also beat all of them the same way (with one exception so far, old lady). That said, only beat 5 bosses as of this writing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.