Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

FYI - Unlimited Souls Glitch [PATCHED OUT 4/23]

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cthomer5000

I don't think I've seen a post on this in this forum. There is a glitch in the game that will allow you to rack up 2 million souls an hour immediately (takes about 15 minutes to get working). In New Game Plus it's 10 million an hour (or more if you have the runes that boost Blood Echoes) - although it also seems way more finicky in NG+ in my experience.

I'm sure they will patch this out (they posted server downtime for Apr 23 - so there is probably a patch coming then).

I am definitely not the first person to find this, but I honestly found the one video on it I saw super-lacking in detail, so I recorded one of my own. I created a few secondary characters just to screw around with after beating the game 'for real' (and with the 'true' ending) the real way.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone wanted to do dumb stuff with additional characters.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Cool, thanks for the heads up. Using this for my next playthrough.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Karkarov

This is nice and all, and a neat trick. Worth playing with for those who have already beaten it and just want to muck about. That said I would advise you try editing it a bit down. Like you don't even talk for the first minute and a half.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:

This is nice and all, and a neat trick. Worth playing with for those who have already beaten it and just want to muck about. That said I would advise you try editing it a bit down. Like you don't even talk for the first minute and a half.

Definitely not going to do that for a video that will likely be relevant for 5 days. Thanks for the feedback though.

darkjohnny47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I tried this and I am terrible at this game and cannot beat the Executioner. I kept trying until I had 0 blood vials and 0 bullets. I might try again with another new character tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Wait, do you have to do it at the beginning of the game for it to work?

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More or less, yes. Once those dogs are out of those cages, you cannot do it. So you can basically do it right at the beginning of the game or right at the beginning of NG+, and that's it.

perilator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the spot in the clinic that gives you the blood echoes seems to move around a lot for me. i had to go in between the tables often to trigger it. sometimes it would take minutes to find the sweet spot.

technically i think it's still more reliable to downgrade the patch and dupe blood items. assuming you can downgrade, i haven't tried yet since i got my ps4 yesterday.

really interesting and fun/weird bug though.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the spot in the clinic that gives you the blood echoes seems to move around a lot for me. i had to go in between the tables often to trigger it. sometimes it would take minutes to find the sweet spot.

technically i think it's still more reliable to downgrade the patch and dupe blood items. assuming you can downgrade, i haven't tried yet since i got my ps4 yesterday.

really interesting and fun/weird bug though.

As mentioned in the video, it definitely moves around. The first time I did it, it was around a specific table, the rest of the time it has been in the middle of the room. About 33% of the time it has been in a corner where I couldn't circle around, or it hasn't worked at all. If it's not in an easy spot, just go to Hunter's Dream and back.

In NG+ it's way more wild - often it's in the corner and it will not work at all to keep a circle pattern going. NG+ has proven to be WAY less reliable in general. Sometimes it works twice and then stops. Sometimes it works for an hour and then stops. Somtimes it works for 7 hours straight. I can't figure it out yet.

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

@rongalaxy said:

More or less, yes. Once those dogs are out of those cages, you cannot do it. So you can basically do it right at the beginning of the game or right at the beginning of NG+, and that's it.

I'm pretty sure killing Rom is what changes it so the dogs are out of the cages. Pretty sure at least. They were always in the cages for me when I went back after Rom to go through the cave they were out of the cages.

So I think as long as you haven't killed Rom, those dogs will be in the cages

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a crazy person who just set this up, just wanted to leave a friendly reminder that you should go into the power saver settings on the ps4 and set it so the console/controller don't turn off automatically. Also, plug the controller in.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice, this well help create different neat characters like arcane/skill, strength/arcane... etc

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well I woke up today to find my new lady character still running in circles with 15 million+ blood echoes, good enough to level up to 189. Not bad for 20 minutes work! More interesting to me than the blood echoes though is the chance to effectively skip straight to the forbidden woods and bypass the first 4 boss fights. I'll be interested to see how/if this breaks the game.

Avatar image for somethingclever
    SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By SomethingClever

I created a new character and got this working for the hell of it (my main is around level 80) and I'm currently rubber-banded and running in circles. What I find interesting is the souls seem to stop from time to time. I'm watching my run and it's a consistant circle, it isn't wavering at all based on objects on the ground I'm running over and distance from items I'm running by that isn't changing. However, sometimes I'll get a batch of souls every few seconds and other times I'll go for about 30 seconds without getting any. I'll pull in 2 to 4 +2084 batches then it goes 'quiet' for a bit. I wonder if that's the game resetting the enemy who will then die again moments later.

Or if maybe it's just weird. Because as I typed this out it has changed and I'm getting +2084 every 3 seconds and it has been doing that for about a minute now.

*edit* Okay, looks like I had a nearly imperceptible wobble in my orbit. I could see there was an ever so slight change in my spacing from this bucket on the floor. A quick tweak to my angle and now I actually nudge the bucket just a little bit and every time I do I get my souls. It's a consistent 4 second interval now and has been for the last 10 minutes.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Karkarov

@cthomer5000 said:

@rongalaxy said:

Not exactly. As long as you haven't killed Amelia yet you can do it at the very least. I just did it on a character that has downed everything up to bloodstarved, even have those kidnapper dudes in the cathedral zone, and it works fine.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

You can also dupe items, though I don't know if that's been patched yet.

I don't recommend doing it though, you're basically making the game not fun to play.

SomeguyJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a dude saved just after Amelia and I can confirm it does NOT work after Amelia.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know how many souls are needed to completely max a character (level 544)? Its probably something ridiculous, but I need to know.

Also, for some reason I feel the need to say this. I've put 63 hours into the game the normal way and have a level 130 character in ng+. Im interested in maxing out a character just to fuck around/it would be ridiculous to accomplish that the normal way

pkmango7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could never get this to work in a loop, I had the most success running in and out of the room from the Clinic lamp.

The interesting takeaway for me is even with 50 points in a stat your damage is still nothing to write home about, it's by and large from weapon upgrades (increased base+scaling) and gems. Although it's still amusing to drop a 1200+ visceral on Papa Gas. I think you can get a +8 weapon relatively quick if you rush Cainhurst, Nightmare Frontier, and grab the one Chunk in Forbidden Woods, just enough to reach 8 Chunks and you get plenty of Twin Shards along the way.

One important thing about the skip, you can kill Fake Iosefka before she replaces the real one, she never aggros and she drops the umbilical cord. You can then return later to kill her again for the Oedon Writhe rune (+2 bullets on visceral).

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Neat trick, but what's with the 18 minute video to cover what can be said in a couple of written sentences?

For those that just want to know the gist of it, you glitch into the Forbidden Woods (Jump @9:18 and then skip to 11:58 for second jump). Then go down the ladder, move across the poison swamp and kill the 4 dogs in the cages. Once they are dead, go back up into Iosefka's Clinic and move around the room and you'll keep getting the Echoes from the 4 dogs you just killed (seen @16:05).

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:

Neat trick, but what's with the 18 minute video to cover what can be said in a couple of written sentences?

For those that just want to know the gist of it, you glitch into the Forbidden Woods (Jump @9:18 and then skip to 11:58 for second jump). Then go down the ladder, move across the poison swamp and kill the 4 dogs in the cages. Once they are dead, go back up into Iosefka's Clinic and move around the room and you'll keep getting the Echoes from the 4 dogs you just killed (seen @16:05).

Mostly because I don't give a fuck, I just wanted to share something with this community. As stated in the video, I found the one video I had seen on it lacking in detail (for example, I describe how I find that jump MUCH easier with the camera in a certain orientation). I also cover stuff not in the other video i've seen (where to easily grab a quick Madman's knowledge, etc) and how the spot tends to move around within the room. None of that detail is covered in your writeup above.

I look forward to your text guides in the future though, hero of the internet.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Was this patched out?

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, patched out. Gonna change the subject if i can.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@cthomer5000: I see you've taken offense, I didn't mean any. It was just meant as a fair heads up if you ever make another video. There was indeed some stuff you said that was helpful, but they could've been more distilled to the gist of it.

I'm looking over my post again, sometimes I find I sound harsher than I intended, but I can't really see what has you so worked up here. I think you might be taking it more personal than it is. I just said your video was long for what it is.

HoboZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

D'oh. Any way to roll back patch state on PS4? Would love to give this a shot. Thinking I could probably just delete and redownload the game

GrandTickler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol thats awesome. i actually noticed getting a random ammount of souls around this spot too, but i didnt think the glitch would be this abusable. the enemy's seem to respawn down bellow once u walk up that ladder so i bet that spot where u walk in circles unloads the textures/models from down there and reloads them again

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Karkarov

@zevvion: It is probably because I had already given him the same feedback, he felt the same way about my opinion as he did yours.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.