Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

How do you use the firearms in this game?

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've just beaten the first boss in this game but it annoys that i couldn't find a better use for firearms than getting enemies' attention.

Because they are really week and i can only do 8 damage with them. So, i thought that maybe the reason is because of my character's low bloodtinge. Then, i created a noble scion just to test the firearms and i found out that they actually do a more satisfying damage but they are still weaker than the armed weapon i've chosen for my character which is a cain!

So, how do you use firearms?

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

According to what I've seen, they're used for parrying and pulling mobs. Time a shot at the right moment during an enemy's attack animation and you'll stagger it, opening it up for a massive counter attack.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ares42

I know most people say they're only for stunning etc, but from what I've seen I think there actually might be a possibility to really cheese the game if you go heavy into firearms due to the emergency bullet mechanic. While I don't think you'll be able to rely purely on your gun, you can probably chop off a very significant chunk of boss health just from keeping range, shooting, making more bullets and heal up with vials (you can technically have 120+ bullets per fight). So you could probably start off by getting the boss down 20-40% and then just cheese your way through the rest of the fight, or better yet if the boss can be riposted you can get the additional damage needed with some good timing. Probably not too viable in NG+(++) though.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@gaff said:

Time a shot at the right moment during an enemy's attack animation and you'll stagger it, opening it up for a massive counter attack.

It seems to be practically required for some of the larger enemies that don't flinch when you damage them.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't take long until they deal real good damage to scrub enemies, it's handy.

And as I keep finding out bosses are vunlerable to these gun-parries, making encounters a whole bunch easier.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Giant_Gamer

I'm readying up for a fairly long setting today and i hope that i find a shiny weapon that makes me want to invest in bloodtinge .

@gaff: @somejerk: Oh, so upgrading them wont be a good idea unless you are really into using them.

@ares42: They are not as strong as you think. The gunslinger class in this game can only deal 70 damage to scrub enemies which is less than the weakest armed weapons damage in this game. Now add to this the really LONG health bar and high resistance for bosses and you'll realize how little they could do if you solely depend on them .

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just using them as a method of CC and an oh shit button.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giant_gamer: I don't think they're very strong, all I'm saying is that when you can poke someone 100+ times while keeping enough range to not really be threatened it doesn't really matter if they're just minor stings. And even if you can only get minute upgrades to the damage, they still add up quickly over that many hits.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've yet to be able to pull off a stagger with the gun. So I gave up and just started two handing my axe.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@sterling said:

I've yet to be able to pull off a stagger with the gun. So I gave up and just started two handing my axe.

Treat it like a normal parry and shoot as an enemy is attacking. You'll know you hit the parry window because a noise will be made and the enemy will go into a stunned state. I practiced on the mobs in the starting area to get a better hang of it. The first boss was destroying me until I finally learned the time to parry it. Now that I'm awake, refreshed, and finally leveled up (I went with low level waste of skin) I plan to take him down right now.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wait for the enemy to charge you, shoot em in the head, get in real close and hit R1 to do a "backstab." It works really well on the big guys because their attacks are really easy to spot.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:

@sterling said:

Treat it like a normal parry and shoot as an enemy is attacking. You'll know you hit the parry window because a noise will be made and the enemy will go into a stunned state. I practiced on the mobs in the starting area to get a better hang of it. The first boss was destroying me until I finally learned the time to parry it. Now that I'm awake, refreshed, and finally leveled up (I went with low level waste of skin) I plan to take him down right now.

I just hacked and rolled him to death. He was slow. I rolled behind him, attacked three times. Rolled under him as he turned around. Repeat. Took 10 minutes, but it worked. Took him out first try. I actually haven't died yet. But I am playing slow and methodically. Not taking many risks yet.

But as for this sound, is there an animation that goes with it? Do they physically stagger? I'll have to go back to that first mob before the boss and try it out tonight. As that is only as far as I got. Beat him then went to bed.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sterling: Enemies drop to one knee and a sound effect plays

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.