Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Info About Bloodborne Expansion coming later this year

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PatODay

This tweet from Shuhei Yoshida says it all. Possible E3 reveal?

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord I hope so!

Kind of weird that Shu hasn't gotten his account verified. Not that I'm calling this fake, it's obviously real as fuck, just a weird detail that stuck out to me.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Giant_Gamer

He used expansion to describe it instead of dlc. This will surely keep me excited for its reveal... Hopefully this E3

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

YESYESYESYESYESYES

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

The thread title is misleading. All he says is that information about an expansion will be later this year, not that the expansion will be.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm in. Though probably with a New Game+ save at the beginning of the game? Hmm... curious how they'll approach this one.

projectino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patoday: man this thread title is misleading. :( he said more info about the expansion will come this year not that the expansion itself will.

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patoday: But now it reads like this thread has information about a Bloodborne expansion that is coming out later this year!

I'm just fucking with you.

@csl316: That's always my biggest issue with the Souls games getting DLC. My only save file for Bloodborne is on NG+++ and I don't want to have to play through the game again on a new character, or play through new content with the difficulty buff (if that even matters. It felt like it did in the DS2 DLC which I had the same problem with).

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I better get on finishing the main game then.

Or maybe not.

Soniking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hype. Almost done with Bloodborne and that saddens me. I could go for some new content especially after they now have some feedback about how people play. I expect some good patches along the way. Not that I have a problem with anything in the game. I just like minor changes to games I already beat for whatever reason

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holding off on a GOTY / Prepare to ... Bleed edition anyway. I've got DS II and Demon's to finish.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By Humanity

I never played any of the Souls expansions but I enjoyed Bloodborne despite some of it's shortcoming that I would really like to play it.

The problem is that I would really want to play that DLC now, but a year from now..? I might be too far removed from the Souls mindset to get back into it.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I got my trench coat, I'm ready.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I don't think it'd be that difficult to get back into. Particularly if it looks interesting. It's like riding a bike, if you take a break you might be a bit wobbly to start but you'll be back into the swing and mind frame in no time.

I'm excited, I'll take more Bloodborne for sure.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well we all knew this was gonna happen.

...I'm still really freaking excited though!

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I honestly don't think it will be a year from now. I would be on a holiday 2015 release for the expansion so they can bundle it as a "Game of the Year" edition.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Sure, always up for more Bloodborne. Hopefully it's better than some of the DSII DLC though.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the expansion is more exploration into the Lovecraft/Nightmare/Kosm stuff, I feel like the main game didn't go far enough into that territory. I have a feeling it will go more into the beasthood backstory though, maybe beast mode will finally become a reality.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@sessh said:

Sure, always up for more Bloodborne. Hopefully it's better than some of the DSII DLC though.

You didn't care for the DS2 DLC? I thought it was brilliant, some of the best content in the game even, and this is coming from someone who still really likes DSII an awful lot.

MrTrainman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: I second that. Well, I really liked the base game but those DLC areas are really cool! Shulva's great and Kalameet 2.0, er, Sinh, was a really great fight. Fume Knight was also really cool. Also considering how great I thought Artorias of the Abyss was I stand behind FromSoftware's expansion stuff.

As someone who doesn't have a PS4 but wants to get one for Bloodborne, this news makes me even more hype! Really need to take the dive into the current gen soon.

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you change the title from "Info about" to something else? Every time I see this pop up again I think that actual info has come out about it and I get sad when I click. :(

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@yummylee: Well, I probably should have been a bit more specific in that statement.

I personally thought the first DLC wasn't that great, the second one was good and the third one really good, so I guess it's just been a bit of a hit and miss for me. Generally I didn't much care for the idea that "more enemies = higher difficulty", which seemed to be the thing with the DLC packs and which is something I want them to do better with the Bloodborne DLC.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never played any of the Souls games, so I'm not sure how DLC is usually handled in them. My main character is in NG+, early on (before Gascoigne). My other character hasn't even beaten the Cleric Beast (NG). Given the choice, I would rather start a new character and go right into the new content, separate from the main game. If I have to choose between leveling a new character or being over leveled with my main, it may kill my desire to play the DLC.

I'm curious to see how they handle it. I've been playing Witcher 3 but I still kind of have an itch to go back to BB. Though my second character is having a WAY harder time than my main of ever did. Now I understand people who complained about the Cleric Beast...

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure they usually add DLC mid-game rather than cordon it off. I may pick Bloodorne up today. Its £35 at the minute but I almost want to know how much DLC is forthcoming before committing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.