Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Is the coop just busted?

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

A friend and I have been trying to connect for two days now but it just won't work. We are close in level (34 and 32) and we have passwords set. We just can't connect each other for whatever reason. Not to mention how long it takes to connect when you have the broadest settings possible. Who else has been having problems with this? Has From talked about this at all?

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It seems to be fairly hit-or-miss, even in areas with clear and present heavy activity. The password system seems to work half of the time, and seems to completely bust co-op altogether for the other half. Really, it's kind of a crapshoot right now, but I'll take this over Dark Souls 1's crashing if you even look at a summon sign any day.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I dunno. I'm constantly getting kicked out after ringing my bell. It's a hit-or-miss ordeal and hopefully it'll clear up soon. Passwords haven't worked for me yet too...

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I've password connected with several people with no real issues. We occasionally get a 1 minute wait between bell rings and finding the summon, but that's about it.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Summons near boss doors do seem to go a lot faster

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I've been able to connect with friends many times, albeit with some occasional difficulty. It can take several minutes sometimes and be instantaneous others. It works, though.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It seems like they were really making a push for co-op this time around, but didn't really deliver. Having to buy the online items from a vender that doesn't even pop up until you hit a certain number of insight, and is kinda tricky to find, is just dumb. I bet a lot of players didn't end up getting them for awhile. Couple that with, from what I've seen, a system that still hasn't improved since Dark Souls, and it's just disappointing.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I swear the co-op and invasions are P2P. I had a host in my neighbouring country of Denmark and it was like he was on satellite internet, that's where the downstream comes from satellite received by a parabolic dish and his upstream goes via phoneline.

And just to get things working.. a friend stood outside certain bossgates with his big bell ringing, I was able to see his white spirit standing there and he saw mine, we were just levels apart, but never ever able to get in and help him even with passwords, game restarts, console reboots.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.