Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Really wish using the Beckoning Bell didn't use Insight...

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By big_denim

Is it just me or does anyone else get frustrated with the fact that even just USING the bell takes Insight. 9/10 times I don't get any assistance when using it, yet it burns up Insight anyways.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Crembaw

Not really. SP Insight may be finite but it's REALLY easy to go get some either by helping other people in your level range with bosses or by doing the PvP in areas with bell-ringing maidens.

You might just be out of level range for most people who have encountered that boss. What level are you, and what are you planning to fight?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm pretty sure if you never zone or die the bell never turns off, except maybe after a boss fight.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@fredchuckdave:

It does keep ringing as long you are in the same area and you haven't died. I have played some with friends and had the guest player die, after which they able to immediately ring their resonant bell and join back in with no further insight cost or need to beckon again. Also, the bell continues ringing for the entirety of a chalice dungeon, even after boss fights. So, if the other player has already beaten the boss in their game they can simply follow the dungeon down to the next layer and join again with no need to ring the beckoning bell again.

Also, to the OP, insight is a non issue. I've played a fair amount with friends and have about 90 insight, even having spent about 25 in the insight store. Granted, I've done a bunch of PVP, but I doubt I've gotten more than 30 or 40 from invasions. Unless you die over and over after ringing your bell you shouldn't have any problem at with insight

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

@ll_exile_ll: Good to know thanks. I guess I'm mainly looking to use it for boss fights. Wish it was more obvious like in Dark Souls where there were clear summonings denoted on the ground by a symbol.

Ah well... Guess I need to just get over it and stop sucking! That being said, Finally beat the 3rd boss solo shortly after making this topic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.