Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Trying to PVP, but the lag...

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

The lag is making PVP quite impossible at the moment. I have it set to local, but I haven't had a match that I'd call solid. They have all been quite frustrating, but I don't see what can be done with something like this.

Wasn't a patch meant to fix up connection issues?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've had like 30% of my pvp fights screwed up by lag or so; but hey at least there aren't lagstabs.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By golguin

@fredchuckdave said:

I've had like 30% of my pvp fights screwed up by lag or so; but hey at least there aren't lagstabs.

I don't think I can be invaded anymore since I only have the final boss and the glitched elevator at the Cosmic Daughter. I go in and I see them teleporting or stuttering all over the place. I can't really attack since I seem to be about half a second behind on whatever they are doing and I'll just whiff when it looks like I hit on screen.

This feels a lot worst than phantom hits in DS1 or DS2. It currently feels like DS2 had the best connection for PVP.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Humanity

@golguin: looks like you were right about the parries working as intended; he certainly parried your slash with that giant cannonball quite well!

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think some of this might be on your end. I've done probably at least 50 PVP fights and very few of them had lag issues. Frame rate issues? Sure (though not as bad co-op is at times), but I'd say the lag is better in Bloodborne than it has been in the other Souls games by a wide margin.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@golguin: looks like you were right about the parries working as intended; he certainly parried your slash with that giant cannonball quite well!

Of course the parries work as intended. Never have an issue in my world in PVE. The connection issues are something else entirely.

Also, it seems PVP is over for me before it began. All my bell maidens and bosses are dead in the nightmare area so PVP has been cut off forever in this playthrough. Anyone that I happen to catch in PVP is simply passing by on their way to the boss. Once they kill their maidens and boss the cut off people will happen for them as well.

It seems that the only solution is to go into NG+ and leave all optional bosses alive and never complete the Nightmare areas. PVP is essentially fucked for Bloodborne without doing that.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes lag can be a friend, too:

Loading Video...

Also forest PvP continues to amaze, what a great zone for getting lost.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

From software has great idea's, great art, great ambition, yet they suck at the process of actually making games. The weird frame-rate based systems, to every Souls game PVP being broken.

Same thing with Armored Core always being an amazing idea, bogged down by the fact From Software is the one that makes the game.

I'm always hesitant to say that if only From hired new people, outsourced, or committed to any kind of change. Since most likely we would never end up haivng had the Souls game we know today.

Lords of the Fallen run amazingly well, and I never had any of the technical glitches common in the Souls games. Although Lords of the Fallen is barely a shadow in relation to the Souls games.

Just have to take the good, and accept the fact that From will never make a solid multiplayer experience.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@fredchuckdave: That looked boring as shit. I hate people that run away from fights like that. I would have just given up. I don't think chasing a dude around for 15 minutes is fun. Just like I'm sure its not fun for the dude running from you for 15 minutes either.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: Well the point of the level is you can keep on running and never actually get anywhere; thus defeating the purpose of running. I don't mind, I mean I fully expect everyone to be terrified of dying that's part of the hunting aspect. You can do arena pvp in Nightmare Frontier or Mensis' if you like (though you can also abuse those areas for hide and seek if you want, love that stupid hide as a messenger spell), and occasionally in the forest you'll wind up fighting other invaders and those tend to just be duel-ish. I suppose technically if I wanted to be optimal for the runners I could have an absurd amount more stamina than they do but that wouldn't work very well against actually good players.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.