Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Visceral Attacks

Avatar image for deactivated-583dfbc21c8a9
    deactivated-583dfbc21c8a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm having trouble pulling of viscerals reliably. I can get enemies stunned but sometimes it's a crapshoot if I can pull off the visceral. Hitting it immediately is too fast, but waiting one attack beat can be too long. Any advice?

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When an enemy is staggered you go right in his grill, like if you were trying to give it a big hug and press R1. Make sure you are as square as possible to the front or the back of the enemy and as close as possible.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You definitely need to wait a second before you can pull it off. Attacking immediately won't work. Usually if you stun an enemy and run right up against him and hit R1, it will work. The important thing is to be right up against an enemy. Also, stairs can be finicky whether they let you do it or not so be careful with that.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most likely reason you're not always getting the attack is probably because of verticality. The game really doesn't like it if you're not on a somewhat flat surface.

Avatar image for deactivated-583dfbc21c8a9
    deactivated-583dfbc21c8a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the help, I'm getting them much more reliably now.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

You just need to give it a sec. It's not too long, they'll be down for 2,5-3 seconds in total I'm estimating. If you attack after one second, that's still fine. I found you can stagger them from a slight distance, dash in and still pull it off effectively.

If you're not getting it, you're probably too fast rather than too slow.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Also, I think you need to not be on the movement stick. When you initiate the attack, I'm reasonably certain the animation only pops if you're standing still.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I always forget to use these attacks, because I'm always two handing my axe. I rarely use the gun.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Also, I think you need to not be on the movement stick. When you initiate the attack, I'm reasonably certain the animation only pops if you're standing still.

This

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.