Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

what to do with all of this Insight?

LaudaSolem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have 37 insight and about 4 more I can get if I use the madman skulls. What's the point of having so much insight besides ringing bells?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can buy armor sets with them in the Hunter's Dream. Look for the messengers on the ledge above the regular messenger merchants. If you get below 10 insight, they will go away and not come back again until you have at least 10, so be mindful of your spending.

thebrainninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The point is to get it ganked by brainsuckers :|

In all seriousness, some stuff in the world changes when you get more insight. Not all of it is significant, but it adds some atmosphere.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Buy some gear, upgrade shards, chalice items, or consumables. There is no reason to hoard insight, and in fact it will make the game more difficult in a completely un-fun way. Fucking spend all of it always.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really felt like the whole insight thing wasn't that big of a deal. Mainly, it's another form of currency. There are, I think, five armor sets you need insight to purchase. 6-10 or so per full set. Also, throughout the game you will unlock more stuff to buy in the insight store. Mostly, I used it for bolt and fire paper because those items are super expensive when you use echoes.

The changes made to the game by insight are not, as far as I could tell, that big of a deal. Only a few enemies seem to be effected, mostly or all in the Cathedral Ward, and the changes weren't that significant. The amygdalas that you start seeing with high insight become visible at a set point in the game, anyway, regardless of insight.

The only thing to consider, really, is that every point of insight lowers your frenzy resistance. Also, I think it effects beasthood. I never messed with beasthood throughout my playthrough, but there is a particular area very late game where frenzy is an issue. However, I did it with my insight in the 50-60 range, just wearing frenzy resistant armor and runes.

Lastly, don't consume your insight items. Like coldblood, just hold it until you need it. No need to use it immediately.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebrainninja said:

The point is to get it ganked by brainsuckers :|

This ^

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I bought all the armour sets and a few fire and lightning paper when I got low. The amount of insight available vs the things you can buy is not balanced so you'll just accumulate it.

darkjohnny47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

You also need insight to call in Co-op help. Which is where I spent most of mine. Even if you try to call someone and cancel, you still lose that 1 insight.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@darkjohnny47: It's worth noting if you do kill a boss with the bell active the bell stays active

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Giant_Gamer

I've read on fextralife that insight affects enemies drop. Most of what I read through the internet states that the higher the insight the better drop you'll get. So instead of getting a vial from x enemy you'd get a stone shard.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Steadying

spend it 'cause frenzy sucks

LaudaSolem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Insight is disappointing. After all, there aren't many items in the shop you can buy w/it. How much fire and bolt paper do you need? And then there are the outfits that are not an upgrade to the threads I'm already wearing. I love BB but wish it had more armor and weapons options.

Lucifunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always try and keep it really low. If it hits 10 I spend it at the bath.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've read on fextralife that insight affects enemies drop. Most of what I read through the internet states that the higher the insight the better drop you'll get. So instead of getting a vial from x enemy you'd get a stone shard.

I'm not convinced that this is accurate. I've heard the same thing, but I've also heard conflicting reports. I really wish From was more forthcoming with this basic kind of information.

My insight was between 60-80 for a large chunk of the game. Even after knocking it down to 20, I never noticed a difference.

I think the only things that effect drop rate is arcane and eye runes. I don't recall if the game says it effects quality or not. That said, killing the enemies in the lecture hall almost always gives bullets. With my eye runes on, I was getting sedatives fairly often. My arcane was around 7, I think. Two eye runes maybe put me at 200ish discovery? Never got a blood chunk off of the enemies commonly said to be farmable for blood chunks. Not that I recall, anyway.

Really hoping they patch in better drop rates for blood chunks in NG+. Even better, let us buy it from the messengers. I don't have much interest in NG+ if I have to get to the late game before I have enough chunks to change my weapons up.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

There was an insight store? Fuck. I beat the game a couple days ago with 94 insight, because I had no idea what to do with it while playing offline.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Giant_Gamer

@r3beld0gg: I've beaten the whole game on New+ with 99 insight and haven't noticed clear differences. We can't tell for sure if it does or doesn't since the whole design of the game is really ambigious but it is always possible.

During my long play time I've received chunks from different enemies as mentioned on the wiki but the game isn't rewarding for farmers.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By r3beld0gg

@hunter5024 said:

There was an insight store? Fuck. I beat the game a couple days ago with 94 insight, because I had no idea what to do with it while playing offline.

Yeah, at 10 insight a third bath messenger appears. It's not a huge deal, but it's a cheap way to get certain items like fire and bold paper (1 insight each, I think). Also, blood cocktails and some other things. There are like five armor sets total, I think, that appear after certain events in the game (two in chalice dungeons).

When I hit 10 insight, the doll moved up to that gravestone. She does this every so often, so I'm not sure if she is set to do this at 10 insight. If you walk past her next to the house by the open door, the bath is there.

LaudaSolem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LaudaSolem

3rd bath messenger? The first one's near the doll, second one's above, outside the house. Never saw a third one.

Also, where can you get poisoned knives?

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By r3beld0gg

3rd bath messenger? The first one's near the doll, second one's above, outside the house. Never saw a third one.

Also, where can you get poisoned knives?

There is another bath messenger behind the house. Go left up the path and explore back there. Past where Gehrman sometimes appears, sleeping. There is another bath messenger that is used to change the messenger skins, if you've found them. Also, I think there are a couple that were pre-order bonuses.

Eventually poisoned knives will be sold by the bath messenger. You get a badge item at a certain point in the game. These badges come from defeating enemies, but I think I remember just finding this one in a chest. Not hard to look it up, so I won't spoil it for others.

If you don't want to buy them, some enemies drop them and they can be found in various locations in the woods and ward.

Phoenix778m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Phoenix778m

I'm NG+++, Decided to drop my insite down to nothing for my third playthrough. From 99 to 0;

Enemies do get harder and quicker animations and some get added projectiles.

There is an area that spawns enemies that do not spawn at a lower level insite.

I don't find drops effected at all.

The game is easier on lower insite.

The Frenzy mechanic makes the end game super annoying. Low insite make frenzy negligible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.