Do you think Bloody Roar should get a reboot?

#1 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2363 posts) -

I'm playing Bloody Roar 2 on my PS3 right now and it's really making me wish this series was still around. The series hasn't exactly set any bars for quality, but they're hella fun and I absolutely love the concept of a fighting game where each character can turn into a badass animal. 

I think a reboot to this series could be great. With the right developer I think they could pull of a crazy (yet balanced) fighting game. I highly doubt it will ever happen though as Bloody Roar was never really that popular but hey, stranger things have happened. 

What do you duders think? Would you like to see a reboot to this series or should it stay dead like the dodo? (Yes, that was a really bad pun.)

P.S. Please don't bring up last years Bloody Roar 5 hoax. As a fan of this franchise I like to pretend that never happened.

#2 Posted by 71Ranchero (2738 posts) -

Sure why not.

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (14769 posts) -

That...would be an odd choice to reboot. I don't think it would do well as the nostalgia for that game is limited to a very niche crowd. Then again... you could use that to your advantage to actually do something worthwhile with the name.

#4 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2363 posts) -
@Demoskinos said:

That...would be an odd choice to reboot. I don't think it would do well as the nostalgia for that game is limited to a very niche crowd. Then again... you could use that to your advantage to actually do something worthwhile with the name.

That's why I think it should be rebooted. It would bring that awesome concept to new players and give nostalgic fans a blast from the past.
#5 Posted by familyphotoshoot (653 posts) -

No.

#6 Posted by laserbolts (5319 posts) -

Bloody Roar was not a good game so I don't think anyone should waste their time trying to reboot it.

#7 Posted by cannonballBAM (602 posts) -

@familyphotoshoot said:

No.

#8 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Well there are more furries nowadays... maybe wait and see how the sailes for Dust went?

#9 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I would potentially play that. I had Bloody Roar on the gamecube and enjoyed it.

#10 Posted by Hailinel (24409 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I would potentially play that. I had Bloody Roar on the gamecube and enjoyed it.

Yeah, I had it too. It wasn't a particularly good or deep fighting game, but in the right hands, the premise could really have some spark to it.

#11 Posted by handlas (2675 posts) -

No. Rival Schools instead!

#12 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2363 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Yeah, I had it too. It wasn't a particularly good or deep fighting game, but in the right hands, the premise could really have some spark to it.

Primal Fury was great. I remember feeling like a pervert when I brought it up to the Gamestop cashier. 

And yeah, the premise is what I love most about the series. Humans that can transform into beasts in a fighting game. Brilliant.
#13 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2363 posts) -
@handlas said:

No. Rival Schools instead!

This is also acceptable.
#14 Posted by hawkinson76 (362 posts) -

No.

Fondly remember PS1 games should remain just that, a memory, because they really were not good compared to the end of generation 16 bit games of two years prior, nor the 2D arcade games of the time.

And this comes from someone who just finished watching some Dr Who.

#15 Posted by applet0n (652 posts) -

I'd love to see Netherrealm take a stab at a new Bloody Roar sometime.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.