Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blur

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 25, 2010

Bizarre Creations' Blur mixes the driving of the Project Gotham Racing series with explosive weaponry and allows players to race up to 20 online opponents.

blur ad campaign

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DystopiaX

This may have been mentioned  before, but the Blur ads are directly targeting kart racers: 

Obviously they're targeting the people who grew up with Mario Kart and are now playing more hardcore games. Also, the broccoli character's name is Brock Lee, so that makes the whole ad campaign a win. 
    I played the beta and thought it was pretty good, but I'm considering actually buying the game because this ad is so awesome.
    Birdman_LIVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Birdman_LIVE

I've heard from some real haters of this ad.  Not sure why. I thought it was a brilliant way to embrace the Mario Cart comparisons (that couldn't be avoided anyway) to sell games.  Nice to see a game ad that is a little risky and non-traditional (and its an Activision game to boot!)

bulletstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By bulletstorm

I love the cutey-racer world that Brock Lee comes from - and it really. really is apt to describe Mario Kart and the whole blue shell world that it lives in, besides the fact that the blue shell itself appears to be some sort of vicious weapon of mass pain in the ass, the Mario Kart series is too rubber-bandy.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Jayross

I thought the ads were very funny, and I guess it is nice to see Activison release a game that I wouldn't mind owning for once.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I found them funny, kind of like Bad Company's ads (all though I think DICE kind of ran those in to the ground a bit.)

Edit:  Also, I'll definitely be getting Blur.  I had an amazing time with the beta.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.