Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blur

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 25, 2010

Bizarre Creations' Blur mixes the driving of the Project Gotham Racing series with explosive weaponry and allows players to race up to 20 online opponents.

Blur PC or Blur Console?

bulletstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By bulletstorm

Controls, graphics and cost aside (Blur PC = 40 dollars wut?)  do you think I can count on the PC racing community to provide me with good online fun-times? Is there a PC racing community? The only PC racing game I ever played was well... Trackmania so I don't know. Help me out here!

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Geno

If you don't care about graphics or performance, clearly the answer is consoles. While there is a PC racing community, the one on consoles is going to be substantially larger. 

FadedOasis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By FadedOasis

I'm still waiting to see any news about dedicated server support.

everdred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By everdred

I bought the PC version. Sounds like a lot of people on the official Blur forums are going with the PC version as well. The community should be pretty good. I just wish there was more information out there.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Bones8677

Unless you have one of those wheel shaped controllers for the PC. A racing game for the computer just seems wrong.

Slih

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Slih
    @Bones8677 said:
    " Unless you have one of those wheel shaped controllers for the PC. A racing game for the computer just seems wrong. "
    I just joined to reply to you, ok not really but yeah kinda. You are very wrong, there are a bunch of racing games for the PC and in fact it's better suited for racing games than consoles because there's a ton of wheels varying from the modest to those dedicated for true racing simulators, and I'm not talking about GT and Forza kind of games, I mean TRUE racing simulators. What is wrong is playing a racing game with the keyboard, but you can easily just plug in your favorite gamepad and you're set in case you don't have a wheel.

Now for the game and topic I'll be buying it for PC because my 360 is just gathering dust and I don't even have a gold account anymore, and I'm sure there will be plenty of people racing online. C:
    coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By coaxmetal

I am getting it for PC, as I don't own a 360. And the control argument is stupid. Of course you won't play it with a mouse and keyboard, but the PC supports a lot more than just that. I will be playing it with a 360 controller, which happens to be fully supported on windows, allowing the playing of console ports as if they were on a console, except with the better performance and graphics afforded by a PC (mine, anyhow =P ).

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bones8677
    @Slih said:
    " @Bones8677 said:
    " Unless you have one of those wheel shaped controllers for the PC. A racing game for the computer just seems wrong. "
    I just joined to reply to you, ok not really but yeah kinda. You are very wrong, there are a bunch of racing games for the PC and in fact it's better suited for racing games than consoles because there's a ton of wheels varying from the modest to those dedicated for true racing simulators, and I'm not talking about GT and Forza kind of games, I mean TRUE racing simulators. What is wrong is playing a racing game with the keyboard, but you can easily just plug in your favorite gamepad and you're set in case you don't have a wheel.  Now for the game and topic I'll be buying it for PC because my 360 is just gathering dust and I don't even have a gold account anymore, and I'm sure there will be plenty of people racing online. C: "
    Uh dude, you say I'm wrong and then repeat exactly what I just said...
    Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By MachoFantastico

Haven't seen or experienced the PC version for myself, but I loved playing the multiplayer beta on consoles so going to go for that version.  

Can't wait till it hits though.

Slih

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Slih
    @Bones8677 said:
    " @Slih said:
    " @Bones8677 said:
    I just joined to reply to you, ok not really but yeah kinda. You are very wrong, there are a bunch of racing games for the PC and in fact it's better suited for racing games than consoles because there's a ton of wheels varying from the modest to those dedicated for true racing simulators, and I'm not talking about GT and Forza kind of games, I mean TRUE racing simulators. What is wrong is playing a racing game with the keyboard, but you can easily just plug in your favorite gamepad and you're set in case you don't have a wheel.  Now for the game and topic I'll be buying it for PC because my 360 is just gathering dust and I don't even have a gold account anymore, and I'm sure there will be plenty of people racing online. C: "
    Uh dude, you say I'm wrong and then repeat exactly what I just said... "
    No because there are alternatives to play PC racing games if you don't own a wheel, and also I thought you were dissing PC racing games. C:

Whatever I just hope the game is nicely optimized, I really want to try one of those team events, it looks really fun! :D
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Geno said:
    " If you don't care about graphics or performance, clearly the answer is consoles. While there is a PC racing community, the one on consoles is going to be substantially larger.  "
    everdred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By everdred

Glad to hear more people are getting the PC version. :D

bulletstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By bulletstorm

I think I just decided to get it on the computer then :D

regnits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By regnits

If you are getting it for PC, have Steam and want better online racing then there are Steam groups showing up now.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Geno said:
    " If you don't care about graphics or performance, clearly the answer is consoles. While there is a PC racing community, the one on consoles is going to be substantially larger.  "
    Actually no Geno.  The SIM racing community is substantially more prevalent on PC.  Turn 10 have tried their best to turn that around with their games being pretty simmy, but the reality is that real Sim players all use PC because allows for a lot more granularity of control (IR Head Tracking) and higher resolution.  There are even subscription based driving games which have steep hardware requirements and so only appeal to a smaller audience yet stay in business well enough to continually update their content.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16  Edited By Geno
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Geno said:
    Actually no Geno.  The SIM racing community is substantially more prevalent on PC.  Turn 10 have tried their best to turn that around with their games being pretty simmy, but the reality is that real Sim players all use PC because allows for a lot more granularity of control (IR Head Tracking) and higher resolution.  There are even subscription based driving games which have steep hardware requirements and so only appeal to a smaller audience yet stay in business well enough to continually update their content. "
    Really? I guess I was mistaken. 
    raddevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By raddevon

Does anyone know why the PC version is cheaper? This is Activision we're talking about here. They have been trying to push PC prices up to $60 with their recent releases. I can't help thinking the PC version must be feature deficient in some way for them to decide to not only avoid pushing the price up to $60 but to actually undercut the standard PC pricepoint of $50. I would totally rock the PC version if I weren't afraid of losing something over the console version.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#18  Edited By Lazyaza

Just did some browsing of a few PC forums on Blur.

Can confirm that PC version:
    Only supports 360 brand game pads.
    Has no wheel support.
    No Steamworks support (no cloud or achievments)
    No Windows Live requirement
    Some people are having performance issues so game probably not optimized too well for all hardware though general opinion seems to be its fine.
    The graphics settings are very limited apparently, just low, medium and high settings with resolution options.
    Textures and so forth are straight console port so nothing has been altered for the pc version.

So basically typical lazy pc port, that's why its only 40 bucks.
    Personally I'm not bothered with all that, I don't mind playing racing games with a keyboard and mouse, been doing it for years anyway what with Need for Speed etc and I dont even expect pc versions of games to have higher graphics options anymore.
    No point hoping for things that just aren't going to happen most of the time these days.

raddevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By raddevon
    @Lazyaza: For some reason, it never occurred to me to read the Steam forums. Thanks for that. 

It seems like a no brainer. Most of the complaints I'm reading are, "This game is not properly optimized for PC." Throw in a pinch of, "Why is online not working on launch day?" and you have the same problems nearly every console-to-PC port has. Save $20 and run in a higher resolution! 

I adored the beta. I'll probably grab this... once I have money again.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Holy Christ, once again the UK-version is 50% cheaper.

German retail vs. UK-import (+about 7€ for shipping)
     German retail vs. UK-import (+about 7€ for shipping)
    Zephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zephan

I'll be getting the 360 version as I doubt my Laptop an current PC will be able to handle it. I'll most likely get it next week at some point after I have some time with Red Dead. I'm sure the PC community will be large for the game anyway and if your pc can handle it you'll most likely get some cool graphical features no doubt. : )  (Though after reading the above comments that may not be the case) 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.