Drive By Me, Get Smashed

Posted by MusePoetique (3 posts) -

I've always hated racing games.  Always.  Mainly because I could never get the controls.  Was this a problem with the games?  No.  Problem with my coordination.

I couldn't get into Mario Kart either.  I always ran off the side or fell in the ocean.  Always ended in last.  I just never got a handle on it.  

Along came Blur and something changed.  I don't know what it was but I'm actually enjoying a racing/Mario Kart game.  WTF???  AND I can play without ending up last (though I still do most of the time)  

Oh.  And I can paint my car pink.  Score.

#1 Posted by MusePoetique (3 posts) -

I've always hated racing games.  Always.  Mainly because I could never get the controls.  Was this a problem with the games?  No.  Problem with my coordination.

I couldn't get into Mario Kart either.  I always ran off the side or fell in the ocean.  Always ended in last.  I just never got a handle on it.  

Along came Blur and something changed.  I don't know what it was but I'm actually enjoying a racing/Mario Kart game.  WTF???  AND I can play without ending up last (though I still do most of the time)  

Oh.  And I can paint my car pink.  Score.

#2 Posted by YoungFrey (1319 posts) -
@MusePoetique said:

""Oh.  And I can paint my car pink.  Score. "

When I started playing, I loved painting my car pink because it was obnoxious.  Then I learned there was an achievement that required winning in a pink car (amongst other thing).  So as soon as I got that I had to move on to other pigment schemes.  Although if you take pink and set the intensity to almost fully dark it looks really cool. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.