Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blur

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 25, 2010

Bizarre Creations' Blur mixes the driving of the Project Gotham Racing series with explosive weaponry and allows players to race up to 20 online opponents.

I got robbed

gamer1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gamer1313

okay, what the hell, I crossed the finish line with a "2" on the upper left corner. So I was expecting a number 2 neon light on my screen but instead it showed a 3. Then, the top 3 would be showed right? Guess what, I wasn't part of them, apparantly I was 4th. Is this some kind bug?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @gamer1313 said:
    " ...Is this some kind bug? "
    Sounds like it. 
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By trace

This bug seems to occur when someone's lagging, from my experience. Once the game catches them up, it'll put them past other players if they finished with a faster time.

Kind of cheap, especially since the lag typically means you can't hit them with weapons, but I've only experienced it once or twice.

Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Supermarius

people register as ahead of you when they are invisible, right? Of they dont then that perk is pretty badass.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By trace
    @Supermarius said:
    " people register as ahead of you when they are invisible, right? Of they dont then that perk is pretty badass. "
    Hadn't even thought about this, but then again, I haven't seen enough people who could possibly have Silent Running yet to confirm. If it doesn't register position changes except when you unstealth or finish, that mod would be beyond amazing.
    RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By RobbieMac
    @PsEG:  Unfortunately it doesn't change the players position if they are using the mod.  Though you don't see them on the mini map so tons of times I have been thrown off because I will look at the map and think I am in first, but someone will be using that mod.

Though I have been having issues with close finishes.  It will say I am 2nd for example and then when the race is done it will say 3rd.  This only happens though when it is in the 100ths of a second range.
    YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By YoungFrey

If you consider that a 60 FPS one frame is 1.7 hundredths of a second.  Toss in a little bit of lag and it's pretty reasonable that sometimes you'll get "cheated" out of a razor's-edge finish.  It sucks, but there's only so precise an internet game can be.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.