Worth it for 5$ on PC?

#1 Posted by ToastMan (91 posts) -

Blur is $5 in Steam right now.

I'm assuming the multiplayer is pretty much dead by now, so is Blur worth it for $5 for single player alone?

#2 Posted by Snail (8584 posts) -

Does it have any sort of offline multiplayer?

Kind of a longshot given how rare splitscreen is on PC games, but might as well ask.

#3 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Yeah it's worth it, the single player is a blast.

#4 Posted by ShaggE (6343 posts) -

Totally worth it. It's not the greatest racer ever, but you'll certainly get more than five bucks worth of fun from it.

#5 Posted by wemibelec90 (1563 posts) -

At $5, nearly any game is worth it, even if it only sits in your Steam game list and you never play it.

#6 Posted by jozzy (2041 posts) -

The multiplayer might pick up for a little bit due to the deal?

#7 Posted by Chrjz (321 posts) -

Not a huge fan of racing games... but I love sales; is it worth it?

#8 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

Never played the PC version, but I have it for Xbox and it's an incredibly underrated game. SUPER fun, very much recommended, especially for $5.

#9 Posted by Bollard (5287 posts) -

The Demo was awesome but I never got the full game, am tempted for £3.50

#10 Posted by DeF (4810 posts) -

wow thanks for pointing that out!

I've been waiting for a deal like that ;)

#11 Posted by Deathmachine117 (377 posts) -

Yes its a really fun kart racer style game and for only five dollars its a steal

#12 Posted by Snail (8584 posts) -

@Chavtheworld said:

The Demo was awesome but I never got the full game, am tempted for £3.50

Wait, you Brits get price equivalencies?

I'm seeing 5€ on Steam. Why would you have the price adjusted to your region but not the rest of Europe?

#13 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@Snail: Because for some reason, 1€ = 1 of fucking anything in the rest of Europe. It's bullshit.
#14 Posted by Snail (8584 posts) -

@Azteck said:

@Snail: Because for some reason, 1€ = 1 of fucking anything in the rest of Europe. It's bullshit.

I don't think it happens with every game though, that's why it's kind of puzzling.

#15 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2204 posts) -

It's just 5 dollars. Try it out for yourself. Even if you end up not liking it you didnt lose much

#16 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1171 posts) -

Dude it's worth it for even $6!! I actually went online to play it a few months ago and it was surprisingly vibrant.

#17 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@Snail said:

@Azteck said:

I don't think it happens with every game though, that's why it's kind of puzzling.

True, though there does seem to be some difference between games. Not as sever as the USD/Euro difference, granted, but still.
#18 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

Maybe Activision publishing has something to do with the price?

#19 Posted by MB (12055 posts) -

Picked this up, seems like a steal for five bucks. I probably won't play it right away, but at least it'll be there when I want it.

@zudthespud said:

Maybe Activision publishing has something to do with the price?

I think all Steam sales are held at the direction of a game's publisher. Valve is only a distributor, I don't think they can arbitrarily knock 75% off the cost of a game for even a day without the owner's consent.

#20 Edited by SpunkyHePanda (1594 posts) -

It's pretty cool! I also found the single-player HARD AS SHIT. Seriously, it's messed up. Maybe play on easy.

#21 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

Get it. I preordered it for PC, and I still don't regret the purchase. Hopefully this will get some influx of a multiplayer population for a bit, as that game is fun as hell online!

#22 Posted by Portis (1285 posts) -

God yes, buy it now. I hear there are still plenty of people playing the PC version online. The 360 version is my version of choice and there are usually around 200+ people playing on a week night.

#23 Posted by MannyCalavera (105 posts) -

Anyone having problems with the cd key on Steam? I tried all different combinations i can think of (changing O to 0 and things like that) and the game always says the key is not valid. What can i do now? I'm raging.

#24 Posted by Stepside (508 posts) -

Blur fucking rocks. Get it.

#25 Posted by kicker1991 (31 posts) -

bought the game when it was on sale at x-mas, havent played it until now, still plenty of people online playing it right, great game, and also the game does have 4 player split screen on the pc, so lots of options for you there.

also, if people are going to be playing this for the next couple of weeks on the pc, might be worth it just to addd people to the in game friends list. if anyones interested, my user name in the game is kicker1991

#26 Posted by DeF (4810 posts) -

bought it, played 40 minutes last night - absolutely worth it! :)

#27 Posted by Andorski (5203 posts) -

@DeF said:

Was it easy to find multiplayer games?

#28 Posted by igcompany (1 posts) -

Yeah i think it worth it.

#29 Edited by Kyle (2323 posts) -

There's still enough people playing the PC version at any given time to get a match going.

Blur is an awesome game.

#30 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

Lets get a Giantbomb match together, that would be a blast. I just bought it yesterday but haven't gotten a chance to play yet.

#31 Posted by StarvingGamer (8030 posts) -

Yessssssssss, yet another Steam game I will probably NEVER EVER PLAY.

#32 Posted by DeF (4810 posts) -

@Andorski said:

@DeF said:

Was it easy to find multiplayer games?

yes, immediately got one. there were at least 200 people playing (it shows how many players are playing when you select your mode)

#33 Posted by derskusmacher (20 posts) -

I picked it up and I think it's a great game. BUT, I'm having a hell of a time with performance problems. I've tried literally every trick in the book and the game still runs like crap. It's bumming me out pretty bad.

#34 Posted by avantegardener (1111 posts) -

Really enjoying it since I picked it up in the sale. I am not a racing a guy per se, but this is a real underrated gem.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.