No recent wiki edits to this page.
The BMW Sauber F1 Team formed after the 2005 Formula 1 season, when BMW bought out Sauber Petronas, and ran their first F1 season in 2006. As of July 2008, they have won one race and qualified on the pole position once in Formula 1.
BMW Sauber allowed their 2006 Formula 1 car to be recreated in Live for Speed, likely because of Live for Speed's use in high-profile sim racing tournaments around Europe. The game also sports accurate liveries for Nick Heidfeld and Jacques Villeneuve. To date, the BMW Sauber F1 is the fastest car in Live for Speed, with frightening speed, braking power, and almost no margin for error.
These specifications were obtained from Live for Speed, and represent the F1.06 model.
- Engine Placement: Mid-engine
- Drive Wheels: Rear-wheel drive
- Transmission: Paddle shift gearbox
- Engine: 2.4 liter V8
- Power: 537 kW (720 bhp) @ 19063 rpm
- Torque: 284 Nm (209 lbft) @ 16797 rpm
- Total Mass: 530 kg (1169 lbs)
- Power-weight: 1012 W/kg (1378 bhp/ton)
- Weight Distribution: 46.3% Front, 53.7% Rear
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 95 liters