Who else loved this game?

#1 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -

I loved this game on my sega megadrive. I eventually completed it. My first piece of platforming magic :)

#2 Posted by Chaser324 (6411 posts) -

I played the SNES version a lot when I was young. I went back and played it again when I wrote up this article and realized that it definitely isn't quite as good as I recall. A lot of the gameplay is still pretty solid, but the time limit, confusing level layouts, and very small number of music tracks that repeat over and over again really knock it down.

#3 Posted by Sylinder (77 posts) -

Loved it for my SNES, also think it was my very first sidescrolling shooter experience. 
I was thinking about playing it again but i recon I`ll just leave it as a fond memory...

#4 Posted by Chaser324 (6411 posts) -
@Sylinder: Yeah, you're better off just leaving it in the past. It has a lot of issues that I could ignore when I was young but are totally obvious to me now.
#5 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I had rented it when it was new after it was featured in Nintendo Power and I didn't like it much.  A few months later it was like $15 for the SNES version at an EB so I got it.

I have a weird love/hate relationship with the game.  It's hard and has some interesting concepts, but I hate the generic B.O.B. character and the prefab level designs.  I still play it from time to time, just messing around.

#6 Posted by Chaser324 (6411 posts) -
@Diamond: I totally understand your love/hate for the game. It has some serious issues, especially with regards to the level design, but I still have some fond memories of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.