Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bombshell

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jan 29, 2016

A top-down shooter with RPG elements from Interceptor Entertainment.

I'm glad this wasn't a duke nukem game.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

(For those that don't know)

This was suppose to be a top down Duke Nukem game, but since the devs (interceptor) tried to illegally publish it. The company Gearbox that holds the rights to the Duke I.P decided to sue. Now it seems that interceptor decided to take scrap having duke in the game, but replace him with a female sidekick that was originally suppose to be in DNF. After seeing the trailer I'm glad they took out duke.

If this game sucked I would have lost complete faith of the franchise. On top of that the last thing Duke fans want is a top down shooter. DNF left a bad taste in alot of people's mouths, but in order to redeem it you'll have to go back to what made Duke3d fun. As of now the Duke franchise is in Limbo. Its been having more action in lawsuits then in actual games.

As for my thoughts of the Trailer. It looks very unappealing to me, and the screenshots of the gameplay seems like it might end up being generic. Though I ain't going to give full judgement until I see a gameplay vid.

JayPee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By JayPee

So... this came out..

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No shit?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Well then.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Are we getting a Quick Look?

Why are we bumping an old thread?

CivilizedWorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Apparently the game is awful, who would have guessed.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee
    audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't expect it to be much good, but d***it, it's published by 3D Realms!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh.

Thought Broussard is now the guy who has this weird sixth sense about industry goings-on on Twitter.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Damn, that review is saddening. The ROTT remake, while terribly janky, was a ton of fun and put Interceptor on my "devs to follow" list. Bombshell had me excited to see what they could do next.

The sad part is, following these guys, it's clear that they truly love 90s PC games as much as I do. Frederik Schreiber seems like a really genuine guy who wants to do right with 3D Realms. Hopefully this is just a misstep.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@yummylee said:

Wait, what? Kevin VanOrd wrote the review on GameSpot?? I suppose he's still technically allowed to submit 'freelance' reviews. Pretty odd all the same.

Yeah, I saw that review and it weirded me the hell out. Maybe his job with that MMO developer didn't work out the way he wanted it to?

Boss_Kowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

@arbitrarywater: Kevin was doing contractual work for Trion Worlds (at least that's what I've gathered from his Twitter). Now his stint is over.

shozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By shozo

@believer258: Bombshell was released on steam on the 29th 2016.

Side note. On steam they post they won a award for this game:

Curse Network - "All out of gum" award for "Most badass protagonist" at PAX Prime 2015.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This turned-out to be terrible? No way! I'd like some proof in a QL form, provided by either GBeast or Jeff & Dan.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

At this point there isn't much difference in quality between this and a Duke Nukem game.

@yummylee said:

Wait, what? Kevin VanOrd wrote the review on GameSpot?? I suppose he's still technically allowed to submit 'freelance' reviews. Pretty odd all the same.

Yeah, I saw that review and it weirded me the hell out. Maybe his job with that MMO developer didn't work out the way he wanted it to?

Kevin is a decent guy so not trying to belittle the guy but ironically the opening lines to the Bombshell review could be just as easily applied to the very game he worked on. At least he knows what it's like on both sides of the fence now.

CivilizedWorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

So I've played about 2 hours of this so far, and it's not as terrible as people are making it out to be. It's just kind of average.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.