The Boom Boom Rocket wiki last edited by BagronkeN on 11/11/13 02:34AM
View full history
Boom Boom Rocket is the first rhythm game released on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. The object of the game is to make ascending rockets explode as they pass through a marker line on the screen - more or less like Dance Dance Revolution or an inverted Guitar Hero. The main difference is that you actually do not "play" a separated guitar track as you do in Guitar Hero or Rock Band instead you are blowing up rockets in time with the music. The rockets have four different colours - one for each face button on the Xbox 360 controller.
Due to the success of Guitar Hero, Dance Dance Revolution and other rhythm games, the developers decided to make some of the peripherals compatible with the game.
Playing with the guitar peripheral is just like playing Guitar Hero: you hold the fret buttons down and strum when you want them to explode.
The Rock Band drum set is also compatible. This actually enhances the gameplay, since hitting drumpads feels more like blowing things up than strumming on a guitar. However, the drum set takes some getting used to, since the order of the colours on the drum set doesn't match the in-game order.
When using the DDR Universe dance mat, all rockets have arrows on them, which correspond with the dance mat panels. When a rocket crosses the marker line you step on the appropriate dance mat panel to make it explode.
- Scene it? controllers
- Rock Band guitar
- Rock Band 2 guitar
- Rack Band 2 drums
The game currently features fifteen tracks, five of which were added through DLC. Each track is a remixed classical song to make it sound more modern with styles such as ska, funk and trance. The music was composed by Ian Livingstone, famous for the soundtracks of Batman Returns and Project Gotham Racing 2.
The original ten songs that came with the game are:
- Smooth Operetta (a take on 'Flowers of Duet')
- Rave New World (a take on 'From The New World')
- William Tell Overload (a take on 'William Tell Overture')
- Hall of the Mountain Dude (a take on 'In The Hall of The Mountain King')
- 1812 Overdrive ('1812 Overture')
- Valkyries Rising ('Ryde of The Valkyries')
- Tall Light Sonata ('Piano Sonata No.14 by Beethoven)
- Carmen Electric (Carmen the Opera, possibly a play on Carmen Electra)
- Game Over Beethoven ('Symphony No. 5 by Beethoven, possibly a play on 'Roll Over Beethoven")
- Toccata and Funk ('Toccata and Fugue by Bach')
On November 30th, 2007 five new tracks were added as part of the DLC pack called Rock Pack, which was free for a limited time. It now costs 250 points. The tracks in the DLC Pack are:
- Sting of the Bumble Bee (Flight of the Bumblebee)
- Explode to Joy (Ode to Joy)
- Sugar High (The Nutcracker)
- Eine Kleine Rochtmusik (Eine Kleine Nachtmusik by Mozart)
- Cannon in D (Pachelbel's Canon)