Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Anyone else getting low res textures on 360?

Avatar image for commodorejenkin
    CommodoreJenkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By CommodoreJenkin

Before all of the PC elitists start shouting "obviously the textures are low res because it's on a 360, idiot!", I am well aware that the console versions of the game don't look as the PC version. Unfortunately, I currently don't posses a high-end gaming PC, so I am forced to play the 360 version. That being said, I've noticed that aside from massive texture pop in when loading a new area (which I'm assuming is a result of the game running on UE3), some of the textures don't seem to load in at all! This is especially apparent when looking at objects from a distance.

At first, I figured it was just a result of game running on old hardware, but then I saw my roommate playing the game on his Xbox and it looked significantly better. My eyes could just be playing tricks on me, but for some reason I feel that my copy of the game looks much worse than what I've seen from other people's game. I'm running it on a 360 Slim if that makes any difference. Just wondering if anyone else was having the same issue or if I'm just crazy and the game simply looks like ass on 360. Both cases seem fairly likely.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By musubi

@CommodoreJenkins: The obvious first question is do you have it installed? Because if it is installed it might load textures in faster.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By EpicSteve

Despite having it installed, I see low textures once in awhile. Specifically in cutscenes.

Avatar image for commodorejenkin
    CommodoreJenkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By CommodoreJenkin

@Demoskinos: I had it installed at first, but then I uninstalled it to see if it would make a difference. I did not :(

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By shinboy630

I've had issues where ammo textures don't pop in, even on the PC. That is probably just a UE3 thing like you said though, cause Borderlands 1 and the Mass Effect series (probably the UE3 series that I played the most of) both had this problem. Also, if it is just things at a distance, that is most likely due to the shorter draw distance on the 360.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.