Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Anyone ever use direct2play? Borderlands 2 for $20, but...

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MistaSparkle

...it says:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE:

A RUSSIAN IP (VPN) IS REQUESTED THE FIRST TIME TO ACTIVATE THE CD KEY. Once is activated you can download and play your game worldwide with your normal ip in any location.

Your purchase will include a premium free VPN service Instructions HERE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How legitimate is this site? I've never used it before, some people have been saying Russian keys can be risky and result in bans, but that was for Battlefield 3. Probably best to stay away, but if anyone knows anything regarding how this site works, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By psylah

They've been banning steam accounts for registering games sold in Russia to non Russian IP addresses.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ShaggE

It's legit (my friend uses them all the time), but I'm not 100% on the legality of them.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

Dont do it, 2K games are banning people because of SSA violation.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MistaSparkle

Ok haha thanks for the warning guys! I knew it was too good to be true.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By JoeyRavn

@psylah said:

They've been banning steam accounts for registering games sold in Russia to non Russian IP addresses.

I was under the impression that Steam could ban you if you used a VPN or similar to bypass region locks, not because you have a Russian game. You could potentially buy a physical game in Russia while in a trip or something, but that wouldn't be grounds for getting your account banned, I guess.

Anyway, don't do it. G2Play works perfectly fine when they sell non-Russian keys. But it's not worth risking getting your game removed from your account (the most common scenario) or getting banned (rare, but not unheard of) over $10, $15.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

I would only take these kind of chances on my EA Origin account, where there's already a 35-40% chance my account will get locked for doing nothing at all.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By handlas

I bought one game from them and never had any problems (this was a couple years ago probably). Cryostasis. I don't remember reading that disclaimer you posted though. They were legit then... at least.

The reason I bought it from them was because it was the only place I could find that game to buy.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DystopiaX

I guess if you really wanted to you could try it and activate it on a different/new account, but like people have been saying you could be banned for using a VPN. It's not worth it really, like some dude above me said if it's not a russian key and it's just really cheap for whatever reason (think Green Man Gaming) you'd probably be ok, it's the Russian key thing that makes it shady.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Cameron

If you have to use a VPN to activate something, then you are probably doing something against the Steam TOS. I assume everything is cheaper in Russia in an attempt to combat rampent piracy, so they can sell those keys for cheaper than they can sell NA or EU keys.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#12  Edited By Kidavenger

Is it worth risking your steam account to save $10 for a game that you clearly don't care very much about or you would have already bought it...

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jsnyder82

Someone resurrected this thread to tell somebody (in very broken English) how great D2P is (it's not).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.