Anyone having issues with installing this on 360?

#1 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

I installed this before even playing, as I always do. When I went to play it froze on me in the middle of the first sentence in the game. I chalked it up to bad luck and actually found it pretty funny. However, once I rebooted my X-Box and tried to play again it couldn`t get past the initial Borderlands 2 Logo without saying the disc was damaged or dirty. I looked at the disc and it didn`t look defective, so after 3 tries and getting that every time, I uninstalled it.

Works like a charm when it`s forced to read right off the disc. Weird. Played solo and online and no problems. Now I`m reinstalling it and seeing what happens.

The game actually doesn`t run that bad uninstalled, but the texture pop in isn`t very eye pleasing. Hopefully it works this time.

#2 Posted by iTWAN (45 posts) -

I am going to install it when I get home today. I will let you know if I have any issues

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Sounds like a corrupted install.

#4 Posted by Vinny_Says (5630 posts) -

try re-installing it....but that's never happened to me so I don't know what to tell ya

#5 Posted by supertuna (63 posts) -

I just tested and it worked fine, but the texture pop-in doesn't get much better either.

#6 Posted by MikeydCT (560 posts) -

I installed with no problems but just be for my 360 turned off by it self almost the same way it did for my copy of gears 3 and broke a month ago.

#7 Posted by j3ffro919 (242 posts) -

FWIW I installed and have had no issues.

#8 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Yeah my reinstall worked fine. That had never happened to me before.

#9 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@MideonNViscera

Yeah my reinstall worked fine. That had never happened to me before.

Corrupted install. Happens sometimes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.