Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Anyway to still get the preorder Necro/Premier pack for free?

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By rachelepithet

Was a code packaged with a limited run on presses, like Battlefield 3, in which you could still find stores selling the free Kirkland edition alongside second issue bare copies in some stores long after release date? Or was it a code truly only sent to those who preordered? I feel gypped when right after legally, morally paying the full $60 for a new copy of your game vs. "stealing" a used copy from GameStop like a little communist anarchist sociopath.... Heh... to see the first thing when I get home is advertising to buy $20 more worth of crap for the game.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

I'm pretty sure it was one of the codes printed on the receipt.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By strainedeyes

It's not like the free dlc was a surprise. They announced it months in advance.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Strife777

They said wayyyy in advance that it was a pre-order thing. Too bad for you, but that's the way it is.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By myniceicelife

in all the stuff about the free character and premier pack it stated that you got it if you pre-ordered the game, not if you bought the game at some point after it was released.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti

The preorder bonus was a single post release uncomplete character, in a game that already has 4 of them that anyone will be very very hard pressed to fully experience. It's also only $10 if you did not preorder.

Not sure why you're saying $20 (maybe it's a region thing?), as the only other more expensive DLC is the season pass for $30 which is 4 very substantial future dlcs, and those are not part of any preorder.

(theres a gamestop special prorder i believe but it's even less relevant and not for sale)

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Brake

I bought a physical copy from Amazon.co.uk about a week after release and I got all the Premier Club stuff with it.

Gaspatchosoup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gaspatchosoup

@Tennmuerti: The mechromancer costs 10 not 5.

@boocreepyfootdoctor: The extra character and the stuff that you got for pre ordering was not worth it at all. The guns were garbage and the thing that let you find rare loot did'nt work at all. Also there are plenty of ways to get the golden keys. No you can not get it anymore it was a code that didn't come in the game.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Icemo

@boocreepyfootdoctor: It is still possible to find a physical copy with all preorder stuff in it. Just find a copy with a red circle that says: "Includes The Premiere Club, Additional Content"

No Caption Provided
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Gaspatchosoup said:

@Tennmuerti: The mechromancer costs 10 not 5.

@boocreepyfootdoctor: The extra character and the stuff that you got for pre ordering was not worth it at all. The guns were garbage and the thing that let you find rare loot did'nt work at all. Also there are plenty of ways to get the golden keys. No you can not get it anymore it was a code that didn't come in the game.

I'd say all those things were worth the price I paid, that being FREE.

The mechromancer is a lot of fun, but if she wasn't free, I'd wait for a sale unless she looks like a character that you would enjoy using more than the others.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#11  Edited By Mnemoidian

@Icemo: To be fair, it's probably a bit late to suggest that he pick up another copy of the game... especially if $20 is already pissing him off :P

@boocreepyfootdoctor: Not sure what $20 content you are seeing, but the the Premiere Pack only included the Mechromancer ($10) and 3 guns that you replaced around level 5, if not before.

The Season Pass ($30) includes Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty ($10) and 3 other (unannounced) DLC packs ($10 each). Neither the Season pass, nor any of these DLC packs were included in the Premiere Club.

Further, Gearbox has said there will be additional DLC not covered by the Premiere Club (which won't be getting more stuff anyway) or Season Pass (which is explicitly stated to be 4 specific DLC packs (including Captain Scarlett's Pirate Booty)). So, really, the only thing you are missing out on, not getting the Premiere Pack, is the Mechromancer, and you don't really need her to play the game the first time through. Play the game. If you want more content, either get the Season Pass or the "Captain Scarlett" DLC. If you want a new character (which is a lot of fun), then you can pick up the Mechromancer then.

Hope that clears things up.

I don't really understand why you are checking for DLC as soon as you get the game home. The DLC is for those who want more out of the game, and have most likely already finished it...?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Gaspatchosoup: My bad I got it confused with the Xcom preorder price in my head :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.