Are there any items that increase your item drop rate...

#1 Posted by granderojo (1778 posts) -

outside of the vault hunter relic you get?

#2 Posted by Tennmuerti (7951 posts) -

Impossible to say for sure unless someone actually found one. But my guess is no.

I'm 2/3rd of the way through a second playthrough and have not seen this stat on any other item ever.

#3 Posted by ShaggE (6288 posts) -

It's always seemed weird to me that Borderlands never had a magic find modifier (except for the pre-order relic, obviously). I guess rares just aren't rare enough for it to matter as much.

#4 Posted by Dagbiker (6938 posts) -

I like that you cant just increase your rarity drop rate. If they just made it into another modifier it would start devaluing guns. Thats one problem I have with Torchlight 2. Blues are so common that I just sell everything green and white.

#5 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1689 posts) -
@ShaggE said:

It's always seemed weird to me that Borderlands never had a magic find modifier (except for the pre-order relic, obviously). I guess rares just aren't rare enough for it to matter as much.

There was a Siren class mod in BL1 that would increase the chance for good loot drops, though I'm not sure it actually did anything.
#6 Posted by SgtSphynx (1228 posts) -

The Vault Hunters reilc is the only thing I've seen with that stat bonus, I'm doubtful there is amything else.

#7 Posted by ShaggE (6288 posts) -

@OneKillWonder_ said:

@ShaggE said:

There was a Siren class mod in BL1 that would increase the chance for good loot drops, though I'm not sure it actually did anything.

Yeah, I don't think it did anything of note. At least, that's how it seemed.

#8 Posted by mosespippy (3973 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

@OneKillWonder_ said:

@ShaggE said:

I used it for my Siren that I got to level 42 before my PS3 broke. When I got a replacement and had to start again I couldn't find a class mod with it. I definitely noticed a difference in the quality of loot.

#9 Posted by ShaggE (6288 posts) -

@mosespippy said:

@ShaggE said:

@OneKillWonder_ said:

@ShaggE said:

I used it for my Siren that I got to level 42 before my PS3 broke. When I got a replacement and had to start again I couldn't find a class mod with it. I definitely noticed a difference in the quality of loot.

Guess it was just bad luck, then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.