Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Are there any items that increase your item drop rate...

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By granderojo

outside of the vault hunter relic you get?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

Impossible to say for sure unless someone actually found one. But my guess is no.

I'm 2/3rd of the way through a second playthrough and have not seen this stat on any other item ever.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By ShaggE

It's always seemed weird to me that Borderlands never had a magic find modifier (except for the pre-order relic, obviously). I guess rares just aren't rare enough for it to matter as much.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Dagbiker

I like that you cant just increase your rarity drop rate. If they just made it into another modifier it would start devaluing guns. Thats one problem I have with Torchlight 2. Blues are so common that I just sell everything green and white.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe
    @ShaggE said:

It's always seemed weird to me that Borderlands never had a magic find modifier (except for the pre-order relic, obviously). I guess rares just aren't rare enough for it to matter as much.

There was a Siren class mod in BL1 that would increase the chance for good loot drops, though I'm not sure it actually did anything.
    sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#6  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

The Vault Hunters reilc is the only thing I've seen with that stat bonus, I'm doubtful there is amything else.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShaggE

@OneKillWonder_ said:

@ShaggE said:

There was a Siren class mod in BL1 that would increase the chance for good loot drops, though I'm not sure it actually did anything.

Yeah, I don't think it did anything of note. At least, that's how it seemed.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By mosespippy

@ShaggE said:

@OneKillWonder_ said:

@ShaggE said:

I used it for my Siren that I got to level 42 before my PS3 broke. When I got a replacement and had to start again I couldn't find a class mod with it. I definitely noticed a difference in the quality of loot.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShaggE

@mosespippy said:

@ShaggE said:

@OneKillWonder_ said:

@ShaggE said:

I used it for my Siren that I got to level 42 before my PS3 broke. When I got a replacement and had to start again I couldn't find a class mod with it. I definitely noticed a difference in the quality of loot.

Guess it was just bad luck, then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.