Badass Gun Club.

#51 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@OneKillWonder_ said:

I feel real unlucky seeing that you guys are finding all these legendaries so early on. I'm level 22, more than 18 hours in and have yet to find a legendary anything. Hell, I've only found maybe 5 purples.

Dont worry, I have played a little over 14 hours of Borderlands and I have found only one legendary that dropped from a boss, and I sold it.

#52 Posted by Krataur (371 posts) -
When I found this, Maya actually said "That's beautiful!"

It's a sniper with a blade and a drum magazine! The melee animation is bayonet style. It's also a great weapon: semi-auto and very little recoil.

I also found this corrosive rocket launcher:

I just find the little, largely unnecessary blade attachment rather funny.

#53 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1787 posts) -
@Dagbiker said:

@OneKillWonder_ said:

I feel real unlucky seeing that you guys are finding all these legendaries so early on. I'm level 22, more than 18 hours in and have yet to find a legendary anything. Hell, I've only found maybe 5 purples.

Dont worry, I have played a little over 14 hours of Borderlands and I have found only one legendary that dropped from a boss, and I sold it.

In my experience so far, I feel like you are way more unlikely to find decent loot in this game than the first one. Even most greens that I'm coming across that are around my level seem underpowered. A vast majority of the weapons I'm finding haven't really changed in terms of stats since I was at about level 15, which is weird and sort of frustrating.

I just decided to use one of my two golden keys, even though I wanted to wait to use them until my second playthrough, just so I could have something truly good for once. The chest opens and much to my dismay, what do I find? Two blue relics that are practically useless to me. WHAT THE FUCK.
#54 Posted by Sparklykiss (1981 posts) -

@OneKillWonder_ said:

@Dagbiker said:

@OneKillWonder_ said:

In my experience so far, I feel like you are way more unlikely to find decent loot in this game than the first one. Even most greens that I'm coming across that are around my level seem underpowered. A vast majority of the weapons I'm finding haven't really changed in terms of stats since I was at about level 15, which is weird and sort of frustrating. I just decided to use one of my two golden keys, even though I wanted to wait to use them until my second playthrough, just so I could have something truly good for once. The chest opens and much to my dismay, what do I find? Two blue relics that are practically useless to me. WHAT THE FUCK.

Thank god I'm hoarding whatever keys I have. I can't bring myself to use them just yet. I just hope they don't do anything too drastic to the chest after reading on Twitter about people exploiting keys.

I've been saving up for the moment to tip Moxxi enough for some guns at a pretty decent level. I have all 4 characters in the level 11-14 ballpark and it's really been stagnating my progress. :| You guys do have some cool shit, though. I'm jealous.

#55 Posted by Fobwashed (2119 posts) -

@OneKillWonder_ said:

@Dagbiker said:

@OneKillWonder_ said:

In my experience so far, I feel like you are way more unlikely to find decent loot in this game than the first one. Even most greens that I'm coming across that are around my level seem underpowered. A vast majority of the weapons I'm finding haven't really changed in terms of stats since I was at about level 15, which is weird and sort of frustrating. I just decided to use one of my two golden keys, even though I wanted to wait to use them until my second playthrough, just so I could have something truly good for once. The chest opens and much to my dismay, what do I find? Two blue relics that are practically useless to me. WHAT THE FUCK.

Don't worry, if you find a Legendary before roughly 26 hours, you've done better than me. I have yet to see a single one. End game boss, killed, it dropped one purple. Literally, one purple gun and the rest were whites and a lot of irridium. Blargh!

#56 Edited by White (1377 posts) -
NO. RECOIL.

Spread is terrible on that thing though.

#57 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Has anyone found this gun? I really want it.

#58 Edited by Tennmuerti (8136 posts) -

A sweet relic and grenades mod.

At lvl 24 that's OVER 9000 dmg! It's homing, sticky, and also a trensfusion o.O

Nothing even come close even now when i'm lvl 29 this is still miles ahead of any other grenade mods. When gunzerking i toss two of these babies out for the price of one.

i believe these are from a sidequest

This relic i believe i got by fulfilling a sidequest special requirement of not harming the deputy during a showdown, which was a pain in the ass. Seems incredible for anyone using shotguns.

shotgun reload speed 40% sic :P
#59 Edited by Tennmuerti (8136 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse: It's from a sidequest in Lynchwood. Has incredible damage, huge recoil. The problem is that you basically can't move with it, because it slows you down a lot. So i trashed ti.

@Demoskinos: Yes some named enemies drop special loot guaranteed. But mostly it's the quests that reward you with special loot with words on them and unique effects, tho a lot of them ore of dubious nature/usefulness. The random unique loot is much more rare (at least in playthrough 1) but in contrast usually with more useful effects too.

#60 Edited by wsninja (68 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse: I just got it tonight. It puts the hurtin' on fools but makes you walk slow. Its from a quest line that ends in lynchwood. I also got a shotgun from the robot core quest thats pretty sweet. It talks too.

#61 Posted by jmood88 (396 posts) -

I have no idea where this gun came from but I found it hiding in my inventory and it has become my favorite gun in the game. I'm at level 25 and it's still destroying people. I played online with some random people and a few of them begged for me to trade it to them.

#62 Posted by SgtSphynx (1488 posts) -

Had been using this bad boy for the past six levels...

Just upgraded to a rifle that the only difference is that does 3 times the damage
#63 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2130 posts) -
Although I had replaced this with a better pistol soon after, this looked awesome to me.
#64 Posted by Cincaid (2958 posts) -

@Demoskinos: Wait a sec. Whatever happened to...

I'll never touch Borderlands 2 because fuck that game but Its obviously a well made game even if I find it absolutely boring as shit.

...?

#65 Posted by Demoskinos (15010 posts) -

@Cincaid: Touche. Basically I just got like $500 back yesterday that I lent out to my parents so I had extra money and said fuck it because I wanted to try it just to see the damn thing in person figured at worst If i hate it I'll trade it in for RE6. Also, I just kind a need a palate cleanser before DOA 5 after days of non-stop Tekken with something that was not a fighting game and this was new and everyone is talking about it so figured I'd see what was up.

#66 Edited by Mister_V (1374 posts) -
A burst fire sniper rifle that sets people on fire. Need i say more...
I have been using this since lvl 4 and I still have not found anything better. This thing goes off like a carpet bomb!
#67 Posted by Tennmuerti (8136 posts) -

@Mister_V: Holy shit that's the first orange grenade mod i've seen, where is it from. The two boom brothers drop it?

#68 Posted by Mister_V (1374 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

@Mister_V: Holy shit that's the first orange grenade mod i've seen, where is it from. The two boom brothers drop it?

Yes it's boom bewm (bewm i think) who drop it. As I said the Aoe damage it puts out is nuts.

#69 Posted by Jeric (146 posts) -

@Mister_V: I'm Lv20 and still using that. I think I might have to move on soon, though. I'll just give it to a new character. I can happily brag that my version of the mod has one more (technically two more) child grenade in it. That paired up with an explosive-resistance shield makes it such a good panic weapon.

#70 Posted by hbkdx12 (779 posts) -

Are people finding most of their sick ass loot solo or co-op?

I feel like i'm having the same problem as i did in the first borderlands which is that i never felt like i was getting "insanely fantastic" weaponry and if i did, it got to a point where in a level or 2 it'd be completely inadequate. 

I feel like majority of the weaponry i have just manages to get the job done but isn't anything crazy. 

Specific to BL2, i found myself encountering this problem when

before that point i felt awesome about a lot of the weapons i had and how they worked.

I'm level 20 or 21 and the best weapon i have is a shotgun

that and a jacobs pistol that has about 200 damage and a blade on it. But overall i'm disappointed by my lack of crazy balls to the walls guns
#71 Posted by StarvingGamer (8371 posts) -

I've been using this gun a whole heck of a lot. It's basically twice as strong as a revolver with double the clip size. Since I'm a Siren I can Phase Lock almost any Badass and kill them with a single magazine. If they manage to survive I can reload and, by the time they drop out, pop the extra 2-3 shots into them to finish them off. I'm going to be really sad when this gun becomes obsolete, but at least I can pass it on to my alts whenever I start rolling them.

I have no idea what the Red Text bonus might be.

#72 Posted by tphickma (62 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

Has anyone found this gun? I really want it.

yes there is a similar gun you get by completing a mission searching for a cursed gun in Lynchwood, the gun im talking about though in addition to making that noise, has incendiary ammo, slows your movement speed DRAMATICALLY, slowly drains your shield, has almost no recoil and does great damage for the level you get it.

#73 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

I made a video about mine cause I care about loot that much (And it's also a really awesome rocket launcher). Anyway Imma play around with that sniper rifle I found.

#74 Posted by altairre (1215 posts) -

@tphickma: The fuck?

#75 Edited by Tennmuerti (8136 posts) -

@tphickma: It's probably the same gun and quest (the gun in the vid is from a Lynchwood quest). Unique guns (including quest rewards) just still have certain random parts, in this case the quest reward spawned with electric damage, mine was with fire like yours. Not sure about the shield drain you mention that seems weird, could have been from something else.

@TheDudeOfGaming: Dukino's mom was a bitch. But holy fucking shit dat dmg o.O 5k x6 is nuts! My own launcher was like 2.5k x3 at the time lol.

#76 Posted by Redbullet685 (6053 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse: I got this shotgun which isn't too great but does say things.

What it says is stuff like "Why'd we stop shooting" when reloading and "Crosshairs, baby" when aiming.

#77 Edited by therealminime (234 posts) -

Yes, you would lie to me. Those damage stats are false.

#78 Posted by EthanielRain (882 posts) -

@SgtSphynx said:

Had been using this bad boy for the past six levels...
Just upgraded to a rifle that the only difference is that does 3 times the damage

I loved those sick Vladof AR's in the first game, and I love them in this one too :) Only kind of weapon I want to use...no luck finding a mid-level one yet though :(

Hehe, gotta love this game ^_^

#79 Posted by SgtSphynx (1488 posts) -

Found this beauty a couple hours ago...

#80 Posted by Marz (5658 posts) -

I made a new character (siren) and got this lol.

#81 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@Marz: Borderlands 2 is biased. No love for the dude...

#82 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

@Morbid_Coffee said:

Crappy cell phone picture because I'm playing on console, but...

Cost me everything I had, but at where I am right now in the game, it's pretty much a one shot kill with headshots on any enemy with or without shields. Also Giant Bomb users will probably enjoy the name. I got a laugh out of it!

This is one sexy gun

#83 Edited by Tennmuerti (8136 posts) -

@SgtSphynx: @rebgav: Torgue rocket launchers usually have the most damage of all standard launcher (non unique) for their level. Their projectile is slow as fuck tho, combining slowness of rockets with slowness of Torgue projectiles

@Marz: Ridiculous lol :P

#84 Posted by Icemo (644 posts) -

@therealminime said:

Yes, you would lie to me. Those damage stats are false.

Haha, that is brilliant! I love this game...

#85 Posted by Barrabas (326 posts) -

Had this gun from level 8 through 21.

I'm still not sure if this was just an incredible gun for low levels, or if I have shit luck with smg's. Even the one I replaced it with is a level 18 shock damage smg that's just barely better than it.

#86 Posted by sarahsdad (1108 posts) -

@Marz said:

I made a new character (siren) and got this lol.

I have a similar Hornet, and love it. The burst fire with the corrosive damage is too sweet. I found a nice sniper rifle late last night as well; no elemental effects, but has a high fire rate, and very little recoil. Was too tired to think about using cell phone for a pic. will do that today.

#87 Edited by Tennmuerti (8136 posts) -

@Barrabas: These are the Eridium enhanced guns, they exist for all types, smg, pistols, shotgun, ARs (i'm yet to see a rocket launcher like that tho). Quite rare, do shitload of damage, usually double the normal for that level, have modified bullets(shots). But they guzzle ammo like a motherfucker.

Recognizable by the glowing radiator fins, huge dmg, high ammo clip and the 2 ammo per shot. Plus they fire plasma/laser like stuff

#88 Edited by Tennmuerti (8136 posts) -

Ok you might be wandering why I am posting this next item since it's only white quality.

But, um, look at the stats. 76% SMG damage!!!!! that seems downright broken, i've seen lvl 30+ blues that barely add 20% smg dmg

Yeah um this is not broken at all, lol.

SEVENTY SIX PERCENT SMG DAMAGE.

Straight up.

#89 Posted by Unlogik (163 posts) -

I got a pretty sick Shotgun from the slots that I've been using for the past few hours and it is still tearing through stuff. I'll get a photo up in a few hours :)

On a side note, Sniper Rifles seem WAY better in BL2.

#90 Posted by VIGGO123 (553 posts) -

Just beat the last boss, and picked up these two bad boys.

I love that the Volcano made a return. It was my favorite rifle in the first game.

#91 Posted by Scrawnto (2456 posts) -

I'm a little late to this party, but here's what I've got so far.

This one uses 4 ammo per shot, but it has some splash damage and one shots a lot of things at my level.
This one is my go-to shotgun for taking out flying enemies.
I like the fast revolvers.
Takes the head off damn near anything with that crit damage buff.
Boom.
This was my first notable weapon. It shoots homing darts that blow up with fire damage after a second or two.
This is that AI core. I was sad when he was no longer able to keep up with my newer guns.
Another early rare that I'm keeping around for twinking.
#92 Posted by Tennmuerti (8136 posts) -

Man i just started the second playthrough, and the game is brutal with gear, all my badass loot got outdated so fast. Damage values and shields literally double at lvl 35, i was getting creamed at the start.

#93 Posted by Chaser324 (6648 posts) -

@Tennmuerti: I was rolling with a "Scheming Cat" class mod for a long time that had similar stats in addition to +4 to the "Wreck" skill which boosts fire rate and damage while an enemy is phaselocked. The end result being that you can pretty much destroy anything once you have it phaselocked.

#94 Posted by Portis (1287 posts) -

@SgtSphynx said:

Found this beauty a couple hours ago...

Holy shit. Dat damage.

#95 Edited by Tennmuerti (8136 posts) -

Here are the two fully automatic rapid firing Vladov sniper rifles I am currently sporting on my gunzerker.

Yes it is a bit insane.

I have to use them at shotgun distances when gunzerkering, which is super dangerous as enemies on second playthrough can chew through your shields and health super fast.

#96 Posted by Jeric (146 posts) -

@jmood88 said:

I have no idea where this gun came from but I found it hiding in my inventory and it has become my favorite gun in the game. I'm at level 25 and it's still destroying people. I played online with some random people and a few of them begged for me to trade it to them.

You got this gun from siding with the Zafords in the Clan War missions.

...however, this gun seems to have a fatal flaw. Holding it out will eventually slag you, even if you don't fire. Maybe you have to aim, I forgot. That could've just been my version of the gun, but I seriously doubt that.

#97 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Fuck, some of the ARs I'm seeing here are insane. I've been using the same rifle from 10 to 22 and its really showing its age.

#98 Posted by SgtSphynx (1488 posts) -
@Jeric:  My version did the same thing, also I think any guns with "Feculent" do that, because I've run into a couple others that also did it.
#99 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

Man i just started the second playthrough, and the game is brutal with gear, all my badass loot got outdated so fast. Damage values and shields literally double at lvl 35, i was getting creamed at the start.

Are you soloing? How's the difficulty? Nevermind, I just read the entire post...

#100 Posted by bkbroiler (1634 posts) -

This weapon isn't crazy good or anything, but it's a huge improvement over my last sniper rifle, which did a lot of damage but was Hyperion so it was hard to aim at first. Thought I'd share!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.