Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Best new thingie

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BoFooQ

I love the shields with spikes, so far I have been using them over some of the bigger shields I've gotten just cause they're so cool. I have one that does 140 acid damage when someone hits me. I find the online game matching much better, and not having to pick everything up even with glitch that sometimes doesn't work is great

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @BoFooQ said:

I love the shields with spikes, so far I have been using them over some of the bigger shields I've gotten just cause they're so cool. I have one that does 140 acid damage when someone hits me. I find the online game matching much better, and not having to pick everything up even with glitch that sometimes doesn't work is great

What about the shield that gives you ammo? 
    KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

My favorite new thing is the addition of ladders.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By InfiniteGeass

@OneKillWonder_: Honestly the first time I saw a ladder I didn't even try to climb it because I didn't think you could. I did try out of curiosity at the next one and it blew my mind.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

My favorite new thing is not having to press X to pick up ammo and money off the ground.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#6  Edited By StarvingGamer

Phase Lock. Mechanically I can see how this game should be harder than the first, but Phase Lock is so fucking powerful it doesn't matter. I just started hitting enemies that are immune to it, though, so we'll see how, feel in a few levels.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By envane

gunzerking :)

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#8  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

The badass ranks. The fact that they carry over character to character has me wondering how far down the rabbit hole I'm going to wind up with this game. I'm also curious as to what happens if you create multiple characters and then delete one - if anyone does this, pay attention to your badass rank for me, please and thank you.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

Character customization.

Really all they needed to add to the game to make me happy. Everything else is a bonus after that.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Tennmuerti

For me it's the gun/item variety and looks.

Borderlands 2 has exponentially more varied, cool looking weapons, especially when manufacturer parts are cross combined. Having gotten a few oranges and purples now, i'm still floored by how much variety in looks there is. The scale of numbers parts, and how all that art has to mesh together is mind boggling. I've probably seen several times more visually diverse guns in the first 1/3rd of this game then in 150+ hours of Borderlands 1. And the game shows no sign of slowing down the variety only speeding it up as higher quality items are introduced. Special properties especially. And the results of cross manufacturer combinations can get seriously insane.

To me loot is everything in this game, it's the thing, the hook. So the new sheer number of gun designs/effects combinations is fucking awesome!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By ShaggE

So many great things, but I'm really appreciating the seemingly huge amount of enemy one-liners. No more hearing "You never should have come here and now you're gonna pay!" 70 times an hour.

I can listen to bandits yelling "I'm the one who knocks!" all day long, though.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#12  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

@ShaggE: I'm a fan of, "You smell like my girl!"

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By ShaggE

@Sparky_Buzzsaw said:

Ha! Don't think I've heard that one. Of course, much of it gets jumbled in the chaos.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ares42

Although it's not a new thing, I think my favorite thing is the removal of weapon skills. Just makes it much more viable for everyone to experiment with everything. I also love the fact that revolvers got rolled into pistols. Always been my favorite weaponclass in the game and with the merge you just have a stupid amount of ammo for your revolvers =)

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By musclerider
    @ShaggE said:

@Sparky_Buzzsaw said:

Ha! Don't think I've heard that one. Of course, much of it gets jumbled in the chaos.

"LOOK AT MY EYES WHEN I STARE AT YOU"
    DrFlapjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DrFlapjack

@MB said:

My favorite new thing is not having to press X to pick up ammo and money off the ground.

I agree, but I think they could have gone a step further. Perhaps it's just me, but when there are 5+ lockers and other containers containing ammo and money in a close vicinity it's slow to open all of them and then hold X to grab everything. For these no-loot containers, it would have been better to have a collider trigger when your character bumps into it and it auto-opens and picks up what's inside. Maybe I'm lazy, but there are a ton of these containers all over the place, I've gotten to the point of ignoring them.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By ericdrum

I was quite amused the first time I picked up a shotgun and reloaded it only to find that on reload, you throw away the gun on the ground and it explodes as a grenade, but you still actually have the gun in your hands. You aren't actually losing the gun on reload.

Silvergun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Silvergun

@musclerider said:

@ShaggE said:

@Sparky_Buzzsaw said:

"LOOK AT MY EYES WHEN I STARE AT YOU"

'I CAN'T WAIT TO TAKE...YOUR PICTURE' The Psychos seem a lot more unhinged in this one, as well they should be.

The gun variety is my favorite part of this. So many times I'd grab a new gun only to be completely caught off guard by what it did. Like I picked up a fairly normal looking shotgun, and the thing shot exploding fireballs! Or another favorite was a chain-gun style pistol I got (It had rotary barrels and everything!). The variety really is amazing.

Another thing worth mentioning is that this time around, the game has a really good last boss, so that's nice too.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By BoFooQ

The tendure, and I may have the wrong one, weapons are really fun. I love throwing my gun at people. I hope that maybe they will increase the damage or add more to it like some acid or fire. You throw it differently too, so you have to adjust your aim, its really fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.